Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intro and question
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnthemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Intro and question Reply with quote

Good afternoon, been around Samba for several years now mostly in the 181 area. I recently bought a 56 late oval from a second owner in incredible condition. Car has had one respray in the 70's but the old guy just kept it in his garage and never drove it. I have been learning more and more about these things and as it turns out I think I have a very original unmolested car. It does have a nice 40 horse in it now that runs like a sewing machine..but he did give me a beautiful rebuilt 36 horse that I may or may not put back in it. The car has basically zero rust in any of the suspect places and the only area that needs repair is the battery tray. So now to my question...I have searched the forum(s) and elsewhere and Im basically finding that there isn't a true replacement that matches the original area that has rotted away. Am I missing something? what are others doing to resolve this issue? Anyway thanks so much for all the information you guys offer up on a daily basis...I sure do spend a lot of time here. Photos to come when I relearn how to post Smile
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Intro and question Reply with quote

Actually there is.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1459009
Otherwise you can buy a complete Wolfsburg West Pan and just use the back half.
jdub63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Intro and question Reply with quote

WW carries a battery section replacement, but the rear stamping is not accurate, from what I've read.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111701BAT

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497541&highlight=floor+panel

Last edited by jdub63 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnthemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Intro and question Reply with quote

I wonder if it's correct if you buy the entire side and just cut out the necessary part as mentioned in previous post?
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Intro and question Reply with quote

Read through this thread. IIRC, the back half IS correct.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497541

And the half in the ad, I initially posted is correct. Look at them both
Johnthemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Intro and question Reply with quote

Thanks Darren..much appreciated.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: