Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Heads up (go find a rerun now Laughing ) 9:30 am EDT 6/9/18.. Classic VW re builder Chris Vallone (Classic VW Bugs) segment will be airing.

I don't know any more.. . still working on my first cup of coffee trying shake Mr. Sandman's magic spell

Segment interest spiked due to VW announcing the future death of the Beetle.. ...again.

Was anybody else or your car from the samba spotted on it as well ?? Anxious

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

I just watched it here...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/inside-the-auto-shop-that-exclusively-restores-volkswagen-beetles/

Nice segment. I like that the reporter had an actual direct connection to the story.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Very cool. Pretty sure there was another TV segment on him a year or so ago. Might have been local news...I don't remember. Love seeing guys like him getting recognition. Congrats Chris!
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Good story.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Too bad they spent more time hyping the story than airing the story. But the gentleman doing the story did mention his 67 that his parents bought new for 2k.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
Too bad they spent more time hyping the story than airing the story. But the gentleman doing the story did mention his 67 that his parents bought new for 2k.

Pretty sure that is the red car he drives off at the end.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

... did not see it, but was told bout it, from a friend in NY... I have another friend in north Jersey, where we're from who goes to Chris' place all the time... sounds like a man, living the dream... nice.
... heard he is only into top-tier sliding rags and verts... no patina, no slammed, no sedans... have pics of a '55 rag he did and sold, that was once mine, back in the 70s...
my hat's off to the Vallone's - Chris and his Dad,
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
russ c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Chris is a first class guy. Proud to say I know him. Not afraid to help the guy in his garage wo king on his own project. Bought many parts from him never an issue. A true classic enthusiast that keeps em running stock
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Seems like a confirmed non-knucklehead. He often mentions Das Samba in his YouTube viddayuhs, so there's that too.

I plan to follow his headliner-installation instructions to the letter when the time comes.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Is he the guy involved in this zwitter restoration?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683884
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Yes.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Zionks
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Shocked Popcorn

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Is there any proof that Chris restored that car and sold it as anything other than a restomod? Has he ever responded to the allegations?

Remember, you're innocent until proven guilty.

It's dangerous and wrong to throw around allegations like these. It takes no effort to post a comment on a message board disparaging someone else, and not much more effort to make a YouTube video doing the same.

How many times in your life have you heard a rumour that has turned out to be false? Probably a lot. Except in this circumstance if you're wrong, you're putting someone's livelyhood at stake... their job! Not only that, you're tossing dirt on one of the most professional VW restoration businesses out there. This is bad for the community.

Think of all the garbage lies you hear on the news all the time. It's no different here. If Chris restored that one, who knows what he and the customer agreed to or what budget was proposed.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

Probably best to post in the thread linked above since that is the topic about that car and the person who posted the video and/or other people who know the car and current owner directly may know more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

smeed wrote:
Is there any proof that Chris restored that car and sold it as anything other than a restomod? Has he ever responded to the allegations?

Remember, you're innocent until proven guilty.

It's dangerous and wrong to throw around allegations like these. It takes no effort to post a comment on a message board disparaging someone else, and not much more effort to make a YouTube video doing the same.

How many times in your life have you heard a rumour that has turned out to be false? Probably a lot. Except in this circumstance if you're wrong, you're putting someone's livelyhood at stake... their job! Not only that, you're tossing dirt on one of the most professional VW restoration businesses out there. This is bad for the community.

Think of all the garbage lies you hear on the news all the time. It's no different here. If Chris restored that one, who knows what he and the customer agreed to or what budget was proposed.

THANK YOU.

EverettB wrote:
Probably best to post in the thread linked above since that is the topic about that car and the person who posted the video and/or other people who know the car and current owner directly may know more.

REALLY???
Cause, I posted the exact same thing in that other thread--with a little more vitriol-- and it was immediately removed and I almost got banned for it.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW re builder segment = 6/9/18 CBS This Morning Saturday Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
EverettB wrote:

REALLY???
Cause, I posted the exact same thing in that other thread--with a little more vitriol-- and it was immediately removed and I almost got banned for it.

First, the post above from smeed is a great example of how to post without the need for insults.

It seems obvious to other members so I'll try to be super clear:
Don't insult other members if you don't want your post(s) removed.
This is against the rules.
This is exactly why you, and a few other people, get their posts moderated quite frequently.
You already know this because I contacted you directly before you posted here.
If you want to know more about why this happens to you all the time, contact me directly or start a thread in the Site Forum asking why your posts get removed all the time as it's not content for this thread. Anything further from anyone will be removed.

Last edited by EverettB on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: