Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhoward1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

Good day all,
I am thinking about importing a Shark Nose early Puma GT, but since I have never actually been in one I am hoping to catch a ride from another rider. Anyone have one on the east coast they are willing to provide a ride in?

Thanks
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

I have a buddy right here in Raleigh with one that he might sell, IDK if it's a runner at the moment.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
FloridaPUMAgti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

I am originally from the Raleigh area. I would welcome connecting with other Puma owners in North Carolina. I manage the VW PUMA page on FB. I have a 1984 PUMA GTI that I am working on. Anyone planning to come to Florida for the No Dough Bus Show?

"No, it's not a Porsche..."
"No, it's not a kit car..."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mhoward1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
I have a buddy right here in Raleigh with one that he might sell, IDK if it's a runner at the moment.

That would be quite awesome
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

mhoward1 wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

I'm trying to contact him to see if it's OK to pass his info on to you.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
rayjay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

How tall are you ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNeJGhswlGk
mhoward1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
mhoward1 wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

I'm trying to contact him to see if it's OK to pass his info on to you.

Any word back?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

mhoward1 wrote:

Any word back?

No sir, I haven't been able to contact him, I'm still trying though.

Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

There are 4 generations of Puma GTs. I think you are referring to the second gen VW based Puma GT other wise know as a shark gill. That model had a lot of "Lamborghini Miura" styling. The 3rd and 4th gens pulled more from porsche design. From a fit and handling stand point all the VW versions are basically the same. They started on the Karmann Ghia platform and transitioned onto the Brizilia platform though not any real difference.
You didn't see any exports to North America from Brasil until the 3rd gen GTE/GTS with steal bumpers. And finally the GTI/GTC (4th Gen) had the most Porsche design influence of all.
After all that if you want a shark gill Puma you are probably looking at importing a car from Brasil. There are a couple running around the country going across the auctions every 6 month to a year for $20k or more so if you are willing to wait and pay that option is there.
Personally I have a GTC which I think is the best of the convertibles. If I was looking for a hard top it would be the GT (Shark Gill)as well. Good luck.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a East Coast US Puma GT (Early Model) owner Reply with quote

I FINALLY got in touch with my buddy, his Puma is a 1986 GT Convertible, I'll PM you his #.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: