Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please Identify - 1978 Federal
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewjamiesonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what the metal line leading out of the bottom of the T between my filter and my fuel pump is? It runs to the front of the bus and inserts into another unknown part I don't have a picture of. The part it inserts into is cylindrical, small, and sits just behind the front driver side wheel.

Could it be my thermo time switch? Where is that usually located?

Thanks,

Drew

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by drewjamiesonjr on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
rusty busty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

Fuel line to your BN6 gas heater?
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

tank have 1 outlet or two?
drewjamiesonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, it only has the two. One leads over to the fuel filter, and the other leads back to the fuel pressure regulator.
rusty busty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
tank have 1 outlet or two?

Looking at the pics in Drew's gallery the tank has 2 outlets(actually 1 outlet and 1 inlet).
Also, there's a 70a alternator which came standard with a bn6 heater. Is your bus Canadian delivered? All Canadian buses came with a gas heater.
I also noticed that your bus is probably a champagne edition. I see the original date brown paint in your engine bay and the fox red on the inside of your rear hatch. And your vin is only about 15,000 after mine. Is your dash and steering wheel brown? Have a clock?
The champagnes are really the best buses made. The only people who would disagree are those with stripe envy. Wink
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

I can't find a Bn6 do you mean Ba6?
Thank you
Tcash

BA6 Eberspacher Gas Heater FAQ
rusty busty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
I can't find a Bn6 do you mean Ba6?
Thank you
Tcash

BA6 Eberspacher Gas Heater FAQ

Right next to the ba4
Embarassed
drewjamiesonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

Not sure about Canadian delivered. Everything else is accurate though.

I guess the next logical question is how do I best go about removing the gas heater? Can I just get rid of the T between the filter and pump when I'm running new fuel lines and then remove the lines and heater?

Anything I'm not considering?

Thanks!

Drew
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Identify - 1978 Federal Reply with quote

drewjamiesonjr wrote:
Anything I'm not considering?

Yeah, how will you keep warm?, that BA-6 is a fantastic heater, far better than any heat the engine can produce, and it works while parked too.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: