Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cylinder head studs size
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALOHA 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Cylinder head studs size Reply with quote

I am finally putting the engine back together, as always i came to a stop (again) I notice i have three difference Leigh studs i been searching hi and low trying to figure out where exactly they go in the case. As far as i know they came off my case when i took the case to be machine. Any input?
Thanks.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cylinder head studs size Reply with quote

Looking at the cylinder head/rocker area:

Longest studs go on the bottom.
Shortest studs go in the top center.
Middle-length studs go on the top outer corners.

This applies to a dual port T1 only, a single-port head has even length studs on the top, which are the same length as the medium-length dual port (upper outer) studs.

I always chase the head stud threads with dies before installing them into clean and libricated/sealed threads.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALOHA 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cylinder head studs size Reply with quote

Thanks, i have single port should i follow your pattem?
What do mean by chasing the treads with dies?

Thanks so much for the good info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALOHA 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cylinder head studs size Reply with quote

Someday i will have at least enough knowledge to pay it forward to some one else in this forum,on the mean time I want to apologize in advance for next Stupid question in the near future Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: