Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New and excited!
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatonedude53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: New and excited! Reply with quote

Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been browsing the forum as an unregistered member for a few days now and just decided to join.

On August 2nd, I will be driving half way across the country to visit family and also to pick up a 1970 Baja Bug project my father and I started several years ago. It's been sitting in his shop untouched for about 11 years now. Needless to say, I'm very excited to get it back to Texas and get it finished. I have a fair amount I want to do/change to it.

I don't remember too much about it. Just that it the pan is in great shape and POR 15 was put on it top to bottom. Adjusters on the front beam and I don't remember what we did with the rear end. Fiberglass body kit already installed, cage around the motor, front/rear tube bumpers and a few other things. I don't recall what motor it has. I want to say it's a 1600. But I may be wrong as my father has several bugs, ghias, and a couple buses and several motor ranging in displacement.

Enough of my long introduction. I look forward to learning as much as I can about these awesome air cooled beasts as I'm not too familiar with them. I ordered the Baja Bugs & Buggies book to read and help me get familiar with all this. Hope ya'll can bare with me as I build this sucker and ask questions!!!!
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: New and excited! Reply with quote

Welcome!

This is a great place to read up, ask questions, and show your work. I think you will love it. We like following other people’s projects and offering our $0.02.

Cool

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
mkparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: New and excited! Reply with quote

We have a very active group(s) in DFW, Austin, Sherman and Ft. Worth.

https://www.aircoolers.org/

Lots of great info here on the Samba, but sometimes it's cool to have some local help/advice/parts/harassment! Very Happy

Pit Boy 6163 Spec Trophy Truck
thatonedude53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New and excited! Reply with quote

mkparker wrote:
We have a very active group(s) in DFW, Austin, Sherman and Ft. Worth.

https://www.aircoolers.org/

Lots of great info here on the Samba, but sometimes it's cool to have some local help/advice/parts/harassment! Very Happy

I will look into joining the group. Thank you for the lead!

I agree on on it being nice having local help. I have an easier time learning in person versus the internet, books or videos.
plotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New and excited! Reply with quote

Welcome to the dirt pile.
Nick1390
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: New and excited! Reply with quote

Welcome!
I feel in love with my buggy when I was a kid, climbing on it, sitting in the seat acting like I was driving it. Now I'm 24, I've fixed it up and get to actually drive it... when its running... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525937&highlight=ending
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New and excited! Reply with quote

Plz share some pics when you pick up your new project.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: