Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Saveiro spotted in CA
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Seen a Saveiro just now on my way to work. Didn’t think we could get these here. Reminds me of the old Subaru Brat.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

What license plate on it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

busman78 wrote:
What license plate on it?

I don’t know. I didn’t think to look. Too bad my picture doesn’t show it.
dub01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Most likely Mexican plates. They do have Saveiros in Mexico, and It does border Ca. Wink
l8sho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Saw one just last week near Houston. Had Chihuahua Mexico tags. Nice looking vehicle. Didn't think to take pictures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

dub01 wrote:
Most likely Mexican plates. They do have Saveiros in Mexico, and It does border Ca. Wink

Isn’t there a country in between Mexico and Canada?
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
dub01 wrote:

I have heard rumors to that effect! Laughing

Seriously, Argentina if chuck full of those sweet little trucks plus many other VWs that I had never heard of. The selection offered to North America by VW is pathetic compared to what they sell in the rest to the world! Likely a result of both the laws of this land and the North American "mine is bigger than yours" mentality.
dub01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
dub01 wrote:

Ca. = California, USA

Rolling Eyes

OP is in California, not Canada.
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Well now lets not jump to conclusions, there are several Stockton's in Canada, the country code for Canada is CA, the poster may of neglected to mention the Province, but like the USA the crowd North of the our border did not get that VW either, so it will have to be a visitor from the South.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Someone on this site in another thread reprimanded me for saying these were VWs. He said that Toyota built them for VW but I just talked to a fellow in Argentina - and I looked up up on the "net" and that is FALSE! They are built by VW of Brazil.
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Once when I was working for an airline as a loadmaster in Phoenix, we took a delay on a flight because a passenger needed to be removed right before we pushed the aircraft out of the gate. The aircraft was going to Ontario, California. The passenger thought she was going to Ontario, Canada. She must have thought she was so smart when she bought a ticket all the way to Canada for $95.00. Rolling Eyes

That VW pickup is a nice looking truck. I've seen one or two driving around. Definitely popular south of the border. Not uncommon to see vehicles sold in Mexico and not in the US as people visit the States.

Even American car manufacturers have vehicles that they sell in other countries but not in the US.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
That VW pickup is a nice looking truck. I've seen one or two driving around. Definitely popular south of the border. Not uncommon to see vehicles sold in Mexico and not in the US as people visit the States.

Even American car manufacturers have vehicles that they sell in other countries but not in the US.

Oh ya! South America is full of Ford Rangers and Chevy S10s all diesels that we saw. I'm thinking as I saw them "What the heck? Do we have leprosy or what that these nice little trucks were never offered to us?" 90% of North American pickup owners could do everything they now do with these!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

I did SJO Instead of SJC once. Thought it was weird they asked for my passport.

I was very late for my meeting
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Smart aleck SWA pilot gets on the PA after we take off on a flight from Burbank to San Jose (CA). Says, "The weather in Phoenix is 65, clear skies with a light wind out of the west.... long pause... and if you care about this report you are ON THE WRONG AIRPLANE!"

This was apt the time reports of truck pilots were more common... was he really joking?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

I also learned in the thread that you can get Mexican license plates in Canada and that the Latin ‘circa’ is abbreviated California
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Dionne Warwick wouldn'ta put up with that crap. Evil or Very Mad
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I also learned in the thread that you can get Mexican license plates in Canada and that the Latin ‘circa’ is abbreviated California

????
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

I was very late for my meeting

Lol. So how did you like Costa Rica? Laughing
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Dionne Warwick wouldn'ta put up with that crap. Evil or Very Mad

Just put a hundred down and get a Vanagon....

Costa Rica.....

Had a good boss, otherwise I think I would have gotten canned
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

As a former F/A, many stories of passengers on the wrong flights. Embarassed Cool Laughing Shocked Popcorn d'oh! emojis explain many of personel actions. Of said passengers.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: