Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Owner Introduction - 74 Acapulco
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmouta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: New Owner Introduction - 74 Acapulco Reply with quote

Hello all! First time air cooled vw owner checking in. My wife wanted to buy a car to restore together and for her to learn to work on and she stumbled upon this 74 VW Thing Acapulco that has been sitting for an undetermined amount of time! Not in the best shape but certainly not the worst I've seen either. VIN seems like its in the right place along with proper blue paint hidden under that terrible respray job. Seat covers are obviously wrong/trash. Pea shooter exhaust is incorrect and annoying to walk into with your shin. Lots of work to be done but should be fun in the end. I've done plenty of small engine carb work and general car/motorcycle/small engine mechanical repair but this will definitely be the oldest car I've worked on to date. I've already picked up the oil bath cleaner/intake tube and John Muir's VW Idiot's Guide. Feel free to comment on anything you see out of place or worrisome as I'm still getting familiar with it. I've already spotted a few extra wires here and there Shocked Right now the plan is to get it running/stopping/safe then worry about dents/rust

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2013 Fiat 500C Abarth
JayC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: New Owner Introduction - 74 Acapulco Reply with quote

Welcome!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: