Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

01 beetle AC spin but no cold air
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandit86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: 01 beetle AC spin but no cold air Reply with quote

My new to me 2001 volkswagen golf diesel blows hot. The a/c pump is running, but the pressure doesn't change any more than 5-10 psi. It was 130 psi hot, i let a bit out and it is 65psi at @20 celsius. Could the pump be bad, or is there a valve that need cleaning or replaced, maybe just new freon? The fans are both new, i can tell previous owner had problems too
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 01 beetle AC spin but no cold air Reply with quote

Sounds like the compressor took a dump, common fault. Go ahead & replace the expansion valve & receiver/dryer & flush the system.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
volksworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 01 beetle AC spin but no cold air Reply with quote

probably already took care of this but the a/c compressor is a variable displacement design and theres a valve in there that goes bad...or the compressor may have destroyed itself...just had this issue with my sons car...coulda just changed the valve but the car had 250000 on it so i figured how much longer can the rest last...if you pull it apart and it looks good inside change the valve and seals and recharge it ....if its full of shrapnel change the compressor, the condensor, reciever drier, and flush everything else....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: