Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help me find a Sanden A/C Compressor - 99 EV
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Help me find a Sanden A/C Compressor - 99 EV Reply with quote

Hey folks, our cross-country trip is going swimmingly. After 2k miles, while crossing South Dakota, my new A/C compressor took a dump. In hindsight, I knew it was an eventuality...its low-side pressure was too high, and its high-side pressure too low right from the get-go.

Anyway, I may be able to repair the A/C while in Oregon mid-week...if I can find a new compressor. I'm not going to chance it again with a brandless compressor (ala Rock Auto...that sure bit me in the ass); I'm looking for an actual Sanden, or perhaps a Denso compressor.

If somebody is feeling benevolent, I could use a P/N or a link for a compressor fitting a '99 EV, VR6 AES. I'm still searching, but internet access via phone is spotty in Teton/Yellowstone, and I'm not confident cross-referencing the Rock Auto P/N and receiving another Sanden knock-off. I'm hoping to order something on Monday while en route thru Idaho. Thank you in advance if you're able to steer me towards the right compressor!

I don't think electrickery works that way
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Help me find a Sanden A/C Compressor - 99 EV Reply with quote

In stock at FCP for $500

Its expensive but its a variable displacement compressor with phenomenal performance at idle.

If you haven't lost Pressure, pump down for 4 hours, don't replace drier, charge by mass, don't forget to add compressor PAG and then rotate to distribute.
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me find a Sanden A/C Compressor - 99 EV Reply with quote

Thanks, Abscate! Compressor is on the way! (and I'm definitely looking forward to better A/C when idling in rush-hour traffic jams...)

I don't think electrickery works that way
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: