Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

I've collected Hot Wheels sense they first came out and continued to off and on to the present day. At first it was anything Hot Wheels, then it was just any car I liked, but then it was any car I liked plus Porsche and VWs. Mainly Buses
This is my latest find.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Last night I saw an advert on TV for the 50 year anniversary of Hot Wheels. I wasnt sure if it was a show, a contest, 50 year celebration...?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Last night I saw an advert on TV for the 50 year anniversary of Hot Wheels. I wasnt sure if it was a show, a contest, 50 year celebration...?

Mattel is pushing the 50th Anniversary advertising with an all black series and a retro series with pocket pins. Even the one posted above has the 50th Anniversary print on the package in the top left under the Hot Wheels flame. As far as A show I haven't head anything about it.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

There's going to be an hour-long special this Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on the History Channel. Check your listings for alternate showings.

Heinz Nordhoff

Last edited by Blue Baron on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
There's going to be an hour-long special this Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on the Discovery Channel. Check your listings for alternate showings.

Thanks!

Edit: Here on the west coast (PST) it is on the History Channel Thursday the 19th at 8:00pm to 9:00pm and repeats at midnight.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

My latest fine. A Porsche 917 LH. What does the “LH” stand for? “Langheck”! And what the heck is a langheck?! Well, it's German for “long tail.” These were built specifically for endurance racing in the 1970s.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary (not all of them, just the ones I have found so far). From top to bottom: Oval window Beetle (no sunroof), '67 Mustang, '67 HEMI Barracuda.

# 303 and #156

Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Blue Baron wrote:
There's going to be an hour-long special this Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on the Discovery Channel. Check your listings for alternate showings.

Thanks!

Edit: Here on the west coast (PST) it is on the History Channel Thursday the 19th at 8:00pm to 9:00pm and repeats at midnight.

Oops. I made a mistake about which channel it is on, but I fixed it.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williams63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

I have been collecting for a long time now but I was only collecting vw's. just started collecting other cars that stand out to me.
Danpa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
I've collected Hot Wheels sense they first came out and continued to off and on to the present day. At first it was anything Hot Wheels, then it was just any car I liked, but then it was any car I liked plus Porsche and VWs. Mainly Buses
This is my latest find.

Where did you find this one? The only place I ever think to look is at the local Walmart and either they have already been picked over by the time I get there or they never carry much Vw or Porsche hot wheels.

Dan
77 Scirocco (gone)
73 Squareback (scrapped)
70 Beetle (current, in pieces)
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
There's going to be an hour-long special this Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on the History Channel. Check your listings for alternate showings.

Not much of a History lesson in that special. More of a hour long commercial for the 50th Anniversary car sales.

Danpa wrote:
Fish wrote:
This is my latest find.

Where did you find this one? The only place I ever think to look is at the local Walmart and either they have already been picked over by the time I get there or they never carry much Vw or Porsche hot wheels.

Dan

Wallmart or Target, but check out any store with a toy department. I've evening found them at the grocery store.
You have to get to the stores right when they open and hopefully the morning after they stock the shelves. Then you have to fight off the the flippers to get your VWs and Porsche's. Then there is always the various online flipper stores like eBay, but you pay. Happy Hunting.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Completed this five car series over the weekend.

# 303 and #156

williams63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

fish are you only going to be posting hot wheels as the title says?
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

williams63 wrote:

No. Post away.

# 303 and #156

HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

When I was a kid, I bought the Monogram model kit Red Baron street rod that had the Red Baron Hot Wheel inside.

Of course I opened it and built the model, both long gone now.
williams63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
williams63 wrote:

No. Post away.

I have a lot i could post just dont want to take over your thread. love to see more of what you have.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

williams63 wrote:
Fish wrote:
williams63 wrote:

No. Post away.

I have a lot i could post just dont want to take over your thread. love to see more of what you have.

It is a Hot Wheels dedicated thread. Kind of like the GreenLight thread and the Johnny Lighting thread.
I've got lots more to post, but would like to see what others have too.

# 303 and #156

TastyTuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

i grew up collecting maisto and burago 1/18th scale model cars. i played club soccer from 10 till about 17, so there was a fair amount of traveling we did in that time. my mom is a shopper, loves hitting the outlets and my dad being a car guy would always take me into the toy stores to look for deals on large scale diecast cars. it was in that time i really just fell in love with diecast cars.

i, like many, enjoy collecting hotwheels, but as a japanese car enthusiast and also vw...its getting harder and more expensive to collect for something that is just supposed to be fun. my collection isnt huge by any means. i have most the car culture sets in boxes still but i havent grabbed the latest sets. im getting to a point where, like the OP, im just looking for more of the vw type stuff.

Cheers,
andy

overflow and box sets

i need to get a full picture of this little case. ive been trying to keep all my openers in this case but im out of room already

chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Okay, I will play.

In process of moving, so most of my older ones are packed up. These ones are more recent acquisitions that have not made into the Pack away pile.

Currently available at your local store, I bought 4 of each to tuck away.

There is one red Target exclusive one I have yet to procure.

Have the purple and metal flake blue Sunagons as well, just not the Orange one yet. Too much on Fleabay now.

Single cab in each of the colors were available a few months ago, have not seen recently. The red one was a target exclusive.

Getting my GTI on

Bought these the other day, along with 4 of each more.

Will try to find ozone others to add to the thread. Need a Matchbox thread too to go with Greenlight and Hot Wheels
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
williams63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dedicated Hot Wheels Thread Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: