Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another Sandrail on the Road
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

I can say it can be done and it can be done in Pennsylvania.It was inhanced inspected and paperwork all done in two weeks to have it on the road.After a three year build.I would like to thank Acmecar and John Mickle the owner of Acmecar they did the inspection and paperwork for the DMV.
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Trying to figure out how to insert photos not real savvy.
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

The above will work but it can be made a little easier by clicking the "Insert Photo from my recent Gallery entries" link under the big text box, once you have some photos uploaded.

See the Photo tutorial in my signature below

This link

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of my Sandrail that is now legal in pa.

j
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Very cool build, single seater too!
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

The wiring in the back is not tucked away still whating for license plate.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Interesting buggy. The frame looks a great deal like a Funco SS1 or SS2. The tires look to be Armstrong Norseman. I used those a LOT back in the 70s, and so did lots of others. Dick Cepek took over the molds when Armstrong went out of business. And changed the 'A' at the shoulder into an overlapped 'DC'. Yours have the 'A' just like the ones I used in the 70s. What brand are they? And where did you get them?
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

They are Armstrong Norseman I purchased the rims and tires on samba out of California.They look little the day they were made.
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

O by the way they still have the tire fuss.
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Someone saw you at a car show this weekend. They posted a pic of it over on pafoa.com. It’s a gun forum, good guys. They were impressed.

Have you noticed how many people there are in traffic with cameras yet? I get a laugh out of how many people drive up beside me and take pics. If it hasn’t happened yet, you will see it soon.

Again, nice work. It looks very clean. Let me know if you get some free time some weekend. I’d love to get a closeup look at it.
Bob
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chochobeef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

I like it. Very (Original) batmobile esque. Good job.
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Thanks for the good comments .Axitech I will down your direction the 3rd 4th and 5th.Do you know were the Green Dragon is ill be at a get together that weekend with in a half mile of it. Send me a pm and I’ll give you directions if you want to meet up.
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

By the way I would like to thank Axtech if it wasn’t for him fighting the state it would not have been so easy.Im told now as long as you meet the safety requirements they can not refuse to grant you a title in Pa.
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

I really need to make my boss hire more guys! I’ve been running 80-95 hours/week and rarely get a minute to look at stuff. I missed your message by a week or more.

I appreciate the kind words. It was a long battle, and my poor wife watched the fight and stood by me even when it looked like I was going to lose and bankrupt us in the process. I found a winner in my wife.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
geno1950
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Another Sandrail on the Road Reply with quote

Nice buggy! What brand are the headlights? They look like high and low beam.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: