Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielHoyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

After hours of work, I have completed a full scan of three great VW Thing items which I uploaded to a website that I host: VW Thing Shop Manual, VW Thing Parts Manual and a separate Parts Interchange Guide.

They are not copyrighted, so no worries there. Hundreds and hundreds of pages. Wiring diagrams and even that rare gasoline heater! It really is free and there are no strings attached.

My boys and I restored a 1974 Thing when they were growing up and I came across the manual, so thought I would share. Go to VW Thing PDF Download for the page to download both. Of course, while you are there, I would not mind if you looked at our little company or followed us on social media. Smile-

I apologize in advance to the moderators if this is not how I should post this. I just thought it would be a good way to get an electronic PDF version of the manuals out there. Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by DanielHoyt on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Thanks!!

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
DanielHoyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Glad to help! Smile
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

WOW ! Thank you so much!! Very Happy
DanielHoyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

I just realized I also had the Parts Manual for the Thing, so uploaded it too. Three great publications. One low price - - free! Smile-
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Awesome !! Thanks.

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
90runner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Thanks
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Don't get sued Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

What happened to the link for this?
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
What happened to the link for this?

Try https://riverdrivedesigns.com/VW/

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Sorry to "rain on your parade" but all of this material is already posted under the Technical section of The Samba. I downloaded electronic versions of all of these manuals from here years ago.
Dog Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Great info, I am looking for a download for the "Owners Manual" for a 1974 Thing / 181 if anyone know where to get it at. Have found the 1973 but the 1974 has been hard to find. Thanks
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

I've got a 74 Owner Manual that I bought in Germany back in 1981. It is identical to the 73 manual except on the 2nd page in it says 1974 Model. On the next page in it says printed 10 - 73.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

Dog Thing wrote:
Great info, I am looking for a download for the "Owners Manual" for a 1974 Thing / 181 if anyone know where to get it at. Have found the 1973 but the 1974 has been hard to find. Thanks

If you find one and can submit scans or a PDF for the site and everyone on it, that would be great. Thank you in advance
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Free Type 181 VW Thing Shop Manual and Parts Interchange Guide Reply with quote

EverettB, I sent you an email.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: