Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need help identifying this interior part.
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can anybody help me name this piece from the rear seat of my 67 beetle? Overall size is about an inch square. There should be one on each side (left amd right), when the rear seat back is in the upright position it will protect the seat carpet from rubbing against the rubber stops that hold the seat in place. I only have this one and I'm looking for a second, hopefully somebody makes these.

A part name or supplier that has these would be awesome. Or if anybody has one kicking around that I can purchase.

Patrick

Samba 67 Beetle build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607949&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

I guess it is a carpet retaining clip. Haven't seen them in any catalogue, so I guess you will have to get one second hand.
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

Check this out: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2165459
Or, have a high-school shop student fabricate a copy out of some flat metal bar of about the same thickness ....
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

It goes on the rear seat backrest. It pushes over the hardboard panel on the back and the rounded part rests on the rubber bump stops.
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

Thank you for the help everyone, I will try and source a used one.

Patrick

Samba 67 Beetle build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607949&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
It goes on the rear seat backrest. It pushes over the hardboard panel on the back and the rounded part rests on the rubber bump stops.

It was already explained what it does in the initial post, they are trying to figure out the name so they can find another.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

I know. I was just going off of the title of the thread.
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: I need help identifying this interior part. Reply with quote

Still not sure the official name of this part but I did manage to get a set of them from someone with a crusty rear seat back for sale.

As always, thanks for the help everyone.

Patrick

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: