Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

window wipers won't turn off!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccann1984
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

Hey All,

My wipers weren't working at all and I noticed the fuse was blown. I replaced that and now the wipers are on all the time - I can't get them to turn off. Any ideas? It all seems to be grounded ok as far as I can see.....

Andy
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

Hello,
Pull the fuse back out....
Then check the switch with an ohm meter. It's most likely the problem.
mccann1984
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

I'm not much of a mechanic - how would I go about checking the switch!?
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

Relay box rusted/wet/corroded? It’s right under where water leaks in when it rusts-out on the windshield
mccann1984
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

By switch do you mean relay box? The fuse/relay box all looks good - I had it off today and it's not wet or rusted etc.
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

Hello,
I may be mistaken, but there is no relay for the wiper motor and/or switch....
Get your wiring diagram out for the year bus you have and see..
Is it stuck in low or high speed? You are getting power to the switch with the fuse in so unless one of the wires are touching the power in wire#30 the problem is in the switch... Take the switch out of the dash with wires in place, us a jumper wire to ground switch body and check it. Will it turn off and on now?, with the fuse in.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: window wipers won't turn off! Reply with quote

When Bay wipers switches get old sometimes you have to push the knob in ( towards the dash) while turning it off . Mine has been that way for oh...24 years now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: