Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me anything about this radio? (besides the obvious "it's an am/fm Blaupunkt).
I believe it's original to our bus and it's lived in the dash forever.

Thanks in advance!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

If you take a look on the back of it, (you might be able to use a mirror and torch from underneath if you don't want to pull the radio out), there should be a label on it. Usually Blaupunkt models are named after a German city, e.g. Emden, Essen, Wolfsburg etc. A good resource to start on here and find the year of production and if it matches your bus is on here at this link: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/radios.php
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

Thank you! I've been looking at every resource I could find trying to fifure out the model without any luck. I'll stick my grape under the dash and look for that label. Thanks again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69BahamaYellow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

Looks like a Blaupunkt Frankfurt model. I had one just like it in a 69 Porsche 911, But with rubber knobs
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

1970 brochure from the archives:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

be careful using the torch. Laughing
over here we call them flashlights.
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Help Identifying This Balupunkt Radio Reply with quote

I thought it looked like the Frankfurt too but the 3 station preset buttons in the middle are blank and have no indication of ever having any letters on them (no indentations). The knobs are a little different too, although I know these might be replacements. The bezel window (?) is a little different too.

Whatchuthink?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: