Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Custom fuel line
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
juancho_clasico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Custom fuel line Reply with quote

Good afternoon to all

I have a question, i'm new in the vw's world, i have a 72 earlyaby with a type2 engine, i wonder if it is possible that i can make the fuel hose gooes trough the doghouse like the throttle cable ?? anyone ever did that?

Greeting from Venezuela.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Custom fuel line Reply with quote

you mean type 1 engine - upright?
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom fuel line Reply with quote

It could be done easily enough but why?
juancho_clasico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom fuel line Reply with quote

sorry you´re right, type 1 engine, im thinking doing that to avoid fire in the engine bay
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom fuel line Reply with quote

This is what I did on my Type 4 powered van. I bring the fuel into the engine compartment with a metal line and then go to rubber high enough in the engine compartment to be above the level of the fuel tank. The fuel pump is fed via an inline fuse that will readily burn through an fail should there by a fire. No perfect but much better than what VW originally designed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you have a later tank with a top outlet and submersible pump then just installing a marine anti siphon valve on the outlet might be enough.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom fuel line Reply with quote

I can see where you would like the same hookup most everyone else with a stock 1971 T1 engine has. Sure you can do that, make sure the hoses are anchored properly and out of harms way where something could chafe thru them. Be aware that the metal fuel line can wear thru where it passes thru the shroud if there are no rubber grommets. Be sure to check those once in awhile to be sure they are there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: