Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VR6freak - [email protected] - Travis
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VR6freak
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 30, 2020
Nybez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: VR6freak - [email protected] - Travis Reply with quote

I bought I 1971 transporter off Travis from the Samba classifieds. I had it shipped from Tucson to Bellingham. It was described as a good runner with dings and dents but very little rust. Upon arrival I immediately noticed the entire front windsheild body metal was rotten from end to end. The floor pan had been patched with license plates. The frame had been chopped and notched around rear axles with the worst welding i’ve Ever seen. I tried tuning the engine for a couple of days (i am very good with upright engines). I could not get it to idle at all despite new plugs new distributer setting the valve gaps perfect and static timing the engine. I ran the engine code and figured out this was a 1500cc engine I was told it was a 1600cc. I pulled the sump cover plate off and it was completely full of big chunks of steel. The timing gear had exploded off the crank prior to me receiving it. I also only received an ignition key and nothing to lock and unlock the doors. I’m really disappointed with all the undisclosed major problems with my bus. I sent Travis a message and he replied with “as far as I knew the bus was very solid.” All these issues are easy to identify within 10 minutes of looking at it. Missing door keys, blown up engine major rust issues, the rear axles were not even bolted in. Half the engine mounts were missing a river of oil leaking from the rear main seal and the frame has been chopped up. I’m so disappointed.... I hope that this doesn’t happen to anyone else this is not a seller to be trusted.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: