Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rare Split?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Rare Split? Reply with quote

Is this Gene Berg's personal split?? If so, would love to have it! https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2196715
Dave Becker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

I saw it when I went to the Bergs in 2004, its nice, I'd have it too Very Happy
A feeling experienced by Volkswagen Drivers.
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

How is it any more rare than any other split of the same vintage?

while it is 'neat' that it is a 'berg' split, it has MANY incorrect parts which significantly affect value.

I'd much rather have a nicer split that was owned by someone no one has ever heard of.
AndrewCologne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

sled wrote:

while it is 'neat' that it is a 'berg' split, it has MANY incorrect parts which significantly affect value.

I'd much rather have a nicer split that was owned by someone no one has ever heard of.

Totally agree
favguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

I also agree, but then I'd never heard of Gene Berg until now either lol!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

favguy wrote:

Shocked Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

The only rare thing I see is, that it is about an early '51 Split, that means an azure split wihtout crotch cooler. Don't see them often.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

pastellgreen wrote:
The only rare thing I see is, that it is about an early '51 Split, that means an azure split wihtout crotch cooler. Don't see them often.

Look a little more closely. It is a crotch cooler car. The carpet is incorrect and covers most of the vent on the inside.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sorry. It was hard to see on the pictures from the add. So, no rare azure blue split...
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

sled wrote:

I made an offer as they asked and I never heard back from Delores Berg. So I believe this was a junk posting....probably already sold or fishing. My offer was based on my knowing there were MANY incorrect parts which in the real world as said, "significantly affect value"
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

sled wrote:

Being that Gene Berg was quite the innovator back in the day, I felt that it would be pretty cool to own something of his that he cared for and loved. I wasn't commenting on originality or incorrect parts.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Split? Reply with quote

favguy wrote:
Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: