Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

projectvwparts - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: projectvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 29, 2007
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: projectvwparts - [email protected] Reply with quote

well ive given Brent a while to reply to my last email again asking for some satisfaction over the shitty set of tires he sent me that were described in his ad as being nearly new. I made it very clear to Brent how important the condition of the tires was as i wanted to bolt them right up to my original okrasa car. He assured me that they were very nice and even still had the little nubs still on them. I discussed this with him three times twice in email and once in phone conversation. each time the same assurances.
What i recieved are a set of tires that are good for pushing a car around in the driveway on. total crap.
Three of the four tires have screws or nails in them, one tire has two nails in it and one has a screw the diameter of a pencil in it. two tires arrived flat,as well as dry,weather checked and cracked.
I immediately sent brent an email,that you can read below, stating my obvious displeasure. ai also gave hime three alternatives to rectifying the situation. all of which i think were totally fair. I aslo threw in a wise crack(no pun intended) about him being on crack when he described the tires in his ad. Totally a joke that apparently offended brent. he chose to leave me three messages on my answering machine pretty much saying i wouldnt be getting anything back from him.also how offended he was by my crack comment. boo hoo brent. im sooooooo sorry. your obviously so offended because your a swindler.
anyway i called brent back as he also tried to insinuate,in his phone messages, that i was some kind of keyboard commando and wouldnt have the balls to discuss this with him on the phone or in person if the occasion ever arose.
well things got pretty aggro on the phone. i should have kept my cool but i was fucking pissed at this point. whatever, i knew brent wouldnt come through anyway so what did i have to lose? things calmed down a little and he said hed put me in contact with the person he was actually selling them for,Chris. alright ,cool well see what happens. i also assured brent that i would treat chris fairly and wouldnt blow up at him like i just had. i did receive a call from chris a short while later and we went back and forth for like 20 minutes with arguments from chris like...
well i paid so much for the wheels and am already losing money........
and, well the tires werent reallt part of the deal,just extras we were really just selling the wheels.........
and ,lots of people were calling about the wheels and you got a really good deal...

i got these same argments from brent with him totally disregarding the fact that we had discussed their condition several times and how important the condition of the tires was. you can judge for yourself how lame the above excuses are.

below are a two emails from me to brent. one from him assuring me how nice the tires are and my email after i received them. I really dont think my mail was out of line.
Like i said to Brent on the phone.im so pissed off,and am expressing myself like this because when someone sends me something in this condition when it was described as being something else...its just like telling me to fuck off,ripping me off,a nd a total lack of respect.

brent sorry i didnt follow up on the wheels, got busy on a project. still available? thanks rob
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: WHEELS

hey rob $300 is fine, the tires by the way are nearly new, there is now wear marks etc, they are nice.
give me a call,
thanks
brent

yeah i think id like to dio it as long as the tires are nice, that was a motivating factor as the car thy would be going on needs tires also. do they ahve any manufactureres marks on them? let me know how you would like payment rob
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: WHEELS

hey rob no problem, i was waiting for your answer before letting the others have a chance anyhow,
you have first shot with them still today
brent
projectvw

brent i got the wheels yesterday. you did a great packing job and the wheels are cool. however i really need to know what kind of crack you were smoking up there when you chose to describe the tires a s near new?? i really dont want to be a dick but these tires are beat.

first. two tires are worn to 1/3- 1/4 life left. check my picture of them being close to the tread wear bar. that on top of those two tires being dry and weather checked beyond what id use them for ,for driving.

second three tires have nails or screws in them. one tire has two nails in it and arrived flat . one tire has a screw in it the diameter of a pencil! excuse my language but WHAT THE FUCK??

i made it very clear to you that the condition of these tires was a determining factor in my purchasing the set. you assured me that they were "near new" ..."even with the little nubs still on them".

here are your options in correcting this matter.

1, send me a partial refund of $100 which is less than i valued a set of "near new" 165's as.

2, send me a set of nice replacement tires at your cost.

3, full refund with return shipping and materials cost included.

you say you do plenty of parts sales...i make my living the same way. i have four boxes going out today.i have never had a disappointed customer in the nearly 50 sales ive made using the samba. take care of this and your reputation will remain in tact and you will have regained my respect. thank you. rob cress
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: hello

hey rob,
forward air was closed today,
fed ex just recentley started to accept larger size and weight packages so i went there,
package is 140 pounds, 27" x 28"
price was $65.01
i went ahead and sent it and this will go to your door which is good, maybe you could pay $15. of that or send us something cool when you get a chance,
anyhow there on there way to you, here is the fed ex tracking number
045806636320689 they should arrive in 3-6 days.
thank you
have a great day
brent
projectvw

Brent also tried to give me the excuse that ther were pictures posted in hois ad clearly showing the tires. there was one picture showing the sidewall of one tire with just the outside of the tread and maybe one with a partial view of the traed on one of the tires with better tread. this is why i askes many times about their condition. pictures on the interneat can lookas good or bad as you want them to. i like ti put my trust in the sellers worded description and their integrity.

i sell parts too, im not perfect, sometimes i forget to email people back. i can be a slacker sometimes in this regard. ive had a couple deals in the past,before my internet dealings,that were a little sour. ive learned from that. for the most part and im pretty sure ive had only satisfied customers throughout the experience.

sorry to be so long winded but im sure brent will come here and comment and i really dont want to go back and forth defending myself. i wanted to have all points of the transaction here right now as there would be no confusion later and no need for me to repeat myself.

i will update this ad a couple times a month so it remains at the top of the category....if brent chooses to come through and remedy the situation and we can deal with this on a mutual respect basis i will be satisfied and report those results. rob
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would post some pics for you..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

They even look pretty worn to me! Yes, I am sure they were like new... 5 years ago... they arent worth anything... does this Brent know this is a lawsuit? I would talk to a lawyer.. its fraud... look into it.. www.fraud.com
Good Luck,
Addict

Last edited by VW Addict on Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
projectvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the first response to this subject from me "brent" here at project vw for anyone interested in this subject.
This post by Busracer and now by vwaddict "who must be the same person" since the posted picture is one rob had sent to us previous is false.Not the full story, if interested decide for yourself once all the facts are stated.
full response will follow and yes pictures from the original ad posted here on samba for VOA wheels at the beginning of april.
brent
projectvw
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell you mean must be the same person? I see the tires, I see the pictures, I see the emails... Im not stupid, never getting my business. I have been on here for a few years, I dont even know BusRacer.

Last edited by VW Addict on Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
projectvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did repley to this early today but had been timed out before getting all the facts in and submiting this, therefore as i write this agian i will put the facts down quicker, or ad another response as everett says you are automatically timed out after 1/hour.
here we go:
the tires in question were on a set of VOA wheels advertised here on samba at the beginning of the month of april.
-these wheels and tires were at the puallup VW show in washington the day before the ad was posted. We were not at the show, the owner of the owner of the wheels,"a friend of ours, chris" was there in the swap meet with the wheels/tires, etc.
Anyone at that show may have seen these.
Apparentley there were quite a few people asking about these wheels and tires, also some wanting only to buy the tires from chris,
-anyone who saw these at the puallup show is welcome to comment.
-Chris came by after the show here in portland and asked if i would advertise them on-line for him as he is not on the internet often.
-we did this -as already stated- the ad was for 4 lug VOA Wheels,
little mention of tires in the ad but the tires were good, and not at all what has been described or shown at this point.
all pics from our ad will be posted here.
the ad was up for about 4 days before first confirmed sale-"this was to rob cress"
there were 3 others waiting for him to back out of the purchase and 2 more interested before ad was deleted.
-Rob did call and in addition to questions about the wheels, also asked about the tires, the tires did look good, they had good tread, 1 tire had a scrub marks around the outside face, no cracks, checks,etc as stated, this is completely false.
the scrub marks and tread condition are all visible in the ad for VOA wheels, "see pictures when added here for reference, enlarge for better views,"
continuing imediatley so as not to time out........................................
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks addict, my only mistake in dealing with this was how angry i got on the phone with brent. hes obviously a wierdo. yep,brent, vw addict is my alter ego i keep here on the samba to back me up. whatever. brent your stupid accusation is as weak as you trying to get an extra 15 dollars out of me for shipping when we agreed on 300 shipped. just as lame as you talking me to death when i first phoned you about about the wheels. totally trying to oversell me. you are a kook,straight up. i dont even care about the shitty tires,just another lame ass chalked up in the vw world. get yourself straight dork. you are so stupid you dont even ralise that vw addict copied those pics from the gallery. rob
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
also some wanting only to buy the tires from chris,

that has got to be the funniest shit ive heard in days. were they homeless people offering 50 cents or a pull off their bottle of night train for the tires? id have to pay to have the tire shop discard them. brent you are retarded. i cant wait to see the pics you post that you say were from your ad.

brent your just wrong. admit it. the tires are shit and i asked many times of their condition. are you denying that the above emails are from and to you?
projectvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

continued............

-My comments to Rob were thatthe tread is good and the tires are not bad at all.Not new but not bad at all.
He is correct about 1 screw in one of the tires, i did not know this, chris mentioned it as this problem arrose,I did not inspect them completely enough to find the "screw" , seams as though that is an easy fix.

Hey once agian this was an ad for VOA wheels, not tires, i mention this beacause Rob makes it sound like he bought some tires from us and i sent him bald, worn out, holed up tires,completely not true.

These wheels and tires sat next to the front door of the shop for the week they were advertised on samba and up until payment arrived for them.
Many people that came into the shop during that time saw these.Many commented on them in one way or another, some liked the wheels, some thought they were ugly,some wanted to know what there story was, are they rare or what? But evey person that asked about them made mention to how nice the tires were.
we had more then one person ask if the tires were for sale.

-Anyone who reads this and saw these in the shop that week are encouraged to add your thoughts to this subject..

continuing agian next.......................................
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old boy is obviously whacked as he knows i sent him four pics of all the screws/nails in three of the tires. pleeeeze. i wont let up. im tired of getting juked on some of the deals i make over the inrternet. what a shame for brent if hed come clean hed realise how lucky we are to have the sambas a selling tool. fuck up and you go the way of glen pablo. thanks ev!
projectvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I made a deal with robert first to ship them with a company called "forward Air" they are a good company to ship large and heavy packages with, we use them often and recomend them.
-There shipping quote was $50, but rob said there closest location was 100 miles from his home.
$50 is what robert sent for shipping.
he asked if i would check greyhound, he said greyhound was 20 minutes from his house, i agreed.
-his payment arrived late friday afternoon, i packed the wheels and drove to greyhound within 24 hours saturday morning, they quoted me $120. to ship to his area.
I then drove across town to "Forward Air" ; they were closed on saturday,

Later that day i was informed that fed ex had enlarged there size and weights for shipping, i then drove to the fed ex hub in portland for a quote.shipping to Robs door was $65. I went ahead and paid this so rob would get his items heading his way as of saturday instead of monday,
each of these locations are on opposite sides of portland which can be confirmed online.
I then e-mailed rob with the e-mail he added talking about the extra $15, or send us something cool.
----this doesnt sound like a person trying to rip him off.------
- we received no response from him.

the next response from rob was the "crack" e-mail. Yes i did have a problem with this e-mail.

entered before timeing out,continuing next..........................
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the tires were that bad, you should have just shipped the rims and also saved 1/2 the shipping costs. The rims I assume, are good... so why ship these crummy tires?
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the tires were that bad, you should have just shipped the rims and also saved 1/2 the shipping costs. The rims I assume, are good... so why ship these crummy tires?
exactly what i told chris the owner of the wheels and tires.

brent why would you even try to change the subject about shipping companies. you knew how appreciative i was that you would try greyhound over you usually using forward air. your diversionary tactics are weak.
projectvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

continued.........

-I will also add that he has fabricated 2 e-mails from me to him about the tires, these have been shown in his post above, the only tire discussion we had was over the phone, anyone with AOL knows that all sent e-mails are automatically saved for about 3 months before they are deleted by AOL, or you need to save them in a file etc, I went back through all sent e-mails to find these after reading this forumn and there are none, nor did i ever write any, we have hundreds of e-mails sent to our customers we talk too but none of these? These are a fabrication to strengthen his case.

- my response to his "crack " e-mail was a simple 1 line response, "i will call you today at your #".

-about 1 hour later i did call rob, rob answered, i told him who i was and that i recieved his e-mail and was not happy with his comments, this was all i was wble to say at first, Rob began to cuss at me and call me several names and comments about me.he let me know that he would like to punch me in my face, he stated that he travels the world as a skateboarder and was going to pay me a visit, i reminded him that he did have our payment adress but might like our shop adress also for his visit, i offered to scheduale an appointment with him at any time to help with his problems. This was met with more of the cussing,and name calling etc.
The last thing i was able to say to him was that i would have the owner of the wheels call him imediatley and then i hung the phone up.

Chris did call Rob and can make his own comments here if he wants too about where this went with rob.

I was then done with Rob.
There will be no satisfaction or "mutual respect" as he mentions in his post above.
This was thrown out the door with his behaivior.
I am not a "swindler" ; another name added to his list he has made about me.
-also "asshole" which was posted by vwaddict- which is him- those are a couple of pictures he sent in the "crack e-mail " to us here at projectvw.
If that is not you Rob, they posted under the vwaddict name, so you mr vw addict must be similar to rob with your comment made when i said it must be the same person, that would be an honest guess when its under your name ,same as he sent to us etc.
whatever man.
Rob Cress has proven himself to be a liar with his listing, andaparentley has nothing better to do then work hard here trying to trash me personally to "hopefully get his $100" that was listed in his options for me.

I will continue to do proper buisness as i have for some time now, my name and our name here at projectvw have been earned throughout time and we will stand by it.
Im sorry Rob but we can not help you in this matter.

I also stand by those tires in question "except the screw i didnt see".

Once agian this is all about the ad for 4 Lug VOA wheels listed on samba last month,$250 plus shipping.

once more thing that comes to mind about your post is the OKRASA car you were putting these on you mentioned in your listing, why dont you mention the brand of these tires? There completely generic 165 tires you can buy anywhere for $20-$45 topps, each, brand new,you give the illusion they were special tires too as the wheels? why would you put these cheap tires on that "original car" anyways? Even New ones?
they were good tires though, not cracked and checked,worn tread etc.
give me a break
brent
projectvw
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brent you are the biggest KOOK ive ever dealt with. hands down. fabricated emails??? one screw??? take a look in the gallery...yeah i took pictures of other tires and said they were the ones that you sent. you have some serious medical problems.....really.

punch you in the face??? whatever...the only threatening thing i said is that id like to kick you in the ass if i ever met you....not kick your ass...or punch you in the face. dude you are just plain wierd. really has your prozac prescription run out?? keep posting dork, ill be there.

im laughing right now because one day i will meet you....this is no threat im just telling you ...you really are retarded and a detriment to the vw community.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not a "swindler" ; another name added to his list he has made about me.
-also "asshole" which was posted by vwaddict- which is him- those are a couple of pictures he sent in the "crack e-mail " to us here at projectvw.
If that is not you Rob, they posted under the vwaddict name, so you mr vw addict must be similar to rob with your comment made when i said it must be the same person, that would be an honest guess when its under your name ,same as he sent to us etc.

You want beef with me f***er, come to the rants, don't bring it here...
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
those are a couple of pictures he sent in the "crack e-mail " to us here at projectvw.

What the hell are you talking about "crack email" and I have never done business with you, so what the hell are you reffering to??
projectvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a couple pics from the original VOA wheels ad are now posted in the wheel section of the gallery.
yes vw addict you are correct i do not know how to get the pics over here and i am not a regular to defending myself in the forumns.
as for your other comments or questions you should reread what has been said so far, all responses have been about the subject at hand, encluding the "crack" e-mail reference. This all has to do with Busracer-Rob Cress, This should be obvious when you read everything.To make it simpe for you, "he sent a couple of those pictures to us attached to his complaint e-mail which accused me of smoking crack" do you understand now? this was the in very first note under this post.Arent you the regular here vwaddict? you should read everything so you can make correct comments.
I have also read your comments now posted in the rants section, nice job.
You 2 have a good time with yourselves, I have been correct with all information and responses to date.Say what you will ,talk your talk, anyone with any common sense can see how each of you behaive and who has is real here.
All threats from either of you are noted,have fun.
brent
projectvw
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiester
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats "behaive"?
Hey, I read the whole story and it seems pretty jipped to me, you sold him rims that had tires on it. Told him the tires were good, they were. That jacked up shipping, tires are no good and visible to that, I stated my two cents, yada yada yada...I guess my point is why send him the tires, you knew they were no good, even stated you knew one had a nail in it... but you told him they were all good. A honest seller would just sell the rims. Anyway, I dont have access to his email, I just read what he posted from emails. I never said anything about crack, so again, I dont know where your picking that up. I think you are a kid by your spelling, sure I don't have great punctuation either, but I can spell Behave, and every other day common words... OK.. well if your going to sell stuff like that here, you aren't going to get any buyers, so sell the junk some where else and if you want to sell other things then do so. But don't be calling me a asshole and stuff that I never said.
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=71338[/img]

brent you are so full of shit this picture is not one of the pictures from the original ad. even if it was it makes the tires look decent beyond the two with obvious curb marks....when you said only one had a minotr scuff mark. whatever you are lame!!! like i said internet pictures make an item look as good or bad as a seller determines. a worded genuine description is what i base my opinions on.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: