Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlh101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

Maybe I'm not looking in the correct forums, but I don't see any list of good, or bad vendors. I have already had a couple of experiences, and for the most parts, they were good. However, one vendor took nearly a week before ever shipping parts, and ignored info requests.
Who is on top of you list for good prices, on quality parts, and fast shipping.
Right now, I specifically need Weber 44IDF parts.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

Samba advertisers are generally good. And you can check the feedback thread for specifics.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

Opinions will vary wildly. Personally, I like Wolfsburg West for a lot of parts. I also have purchased from CIP1 and JBugs. I’m also spoiled and have at least two shops in the area and 2-3 more within an hour or so drive. If you’re buying dune buggy parts, ACME, Speedway and Pacific Customs have been ok. I’m also a little less “picky” about the “correctness” of the parts for the buggy, so that factors into it.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

steer clear of cip1.
cb perf is good, ac.net is good.there are some good some not so good and some that sell knock offs of knockoffs knockoffs....and some that sell ok stuff and stick it to you bad on the shipping to make up for their low prices..
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

I’ve purchase from CIP1 probably a dozen times with zero issues. They sell the same things everyone else does.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

There is not one "Best" place. I buy from 8-10 different vendors. None of them carries everything I need and some specialize in specific parts.

For Weber parts you need to spend the money on genuine Weber parts and not any of the Chinese replacement parts. I buy all my Weber jets and gaskets from aircooled.net
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

I have tried many of the online vendors. I was most pleased with parts from Wolfsburg West, West Coast Metric, CB Performance and Airhead Parts, and least impressed by the parts I received from JBugs and CIP.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

Aircooled.net, hands down. I do like CBPerformance, but I don't even think John at AC.net would CARRY the crappy Mexican running boards I recently bought from CBP. They were too cheap to even be worthwhile to send back. I'm going salvage the mats from the crappy running boards and do a pseudo refurb of the original running boards.

H2OSB
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

Another vote for air-cooled. I always go there first.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
There is not one "Best" place. I buy from 8-10 different vendors. None of them carries everything I need and some specialize in specific parts.

Times 2! I get the "cheap" parts from one place, the most costly ones elsewhere. Personally, I prefer bus skins from Funky Green but others differ in opinion. You have to shop around and get the feel from certain places. Wolfgang has been great for what they offer and I have gotten. Good luck! Cool

Also, service is extremely important! When you get stuff from any source and for whatever reason it is missing something or just plain wrong, their response will make you either use them again or forever ban them from any of your future needs! Wink

BTDT! Razz
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Air Cooled VW Parts Vendors Reply with quote

Also try:
https://chircoestore.com/

and

http://www.piersideparts.net/

both good service and ship USPS Priority to those of us stationed overseas.
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: