Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help! Subaru EJ22 severe blowby
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Help! Subaru EJ22 severe blowby Reply with quote

I limped into Fairbanks AK tonight. Looking for a shop that can repair my EJ22. Anybody know of a shop?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Subaru EJ22 severe blowby Reply with quote

Bummer Ron, a quick internet search shows a subaru dealer in town and an old post from roadhaus repair shops that says there is a good VW mechanic working at the Kia dealership. Another old post said someone had to get their subaru vanagon engine installed in Anchorage because there wasn't anyone local. But maybe that has changed.

So does that mean you need to pull the engine and put in new rings?

If you need anything I can help with from long distance, feel free to reach out.
alaskadan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Subaru EJ22 severe blowby Reply with quote

Try calling Mike at The Abbey in Wasilla. He's been pretty busy lately but if he can't help maybe he knows someone worthy in Fairbanks. Or Arctic air cooled in anchorage, they are in the know as well. Good luck. If you were near me we could pull the engine here.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: