Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

I'd like to fit the Okrasa size 33mm intake valves to my stock heads, will they fit? And if not what are people using?
It sure would be easy if I can just order the valves, keepers, and springs from WW and be done..
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

I had to have new seats installed in my stock heads to fit 33mm intake valves. However, I have read of others managing to install them with stock seats.
My Car https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1750253
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

I think I should have been more specific..
Will these valves fit a stock VW 36 hp head? These are the Wolfsburg West replacement valves for their Okrasa heads.
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111109601AOK
I would like to have the larger intake installed on stock heads, but finding the parts to do it is elusive.
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

My understanding is that the Okrasa valves are 33mm .... So the same as I installed. Mine came from Aircooled Research. I had my stock heads modified rather than use Okrasa heads.

Last edited by RichardinNZ on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

RichardinNZ wrote:
My understanding is that the Okrasa calves are 33mm .... So the same as I installed. Mine came from Aircooled Research. I had my stock heads modified rather than use Okrasa heads.

I'm wondering if the Okrasa stem length and diameter are the same as stock? You would think that the guys at Wolfsburg West would know, but they're being jerks about answering my questions, even though it would get them a sale..
RichardinNZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

I cannot confirm but thought yes. However why not make contact with Matthew at Aircooled Research and get some 33mm valves from him. Subject to the seat they will do what you want to achieve. I've included some more about my heads in the link in my signature.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Richard. I did ask Matt, but have not heard back. I'll update when I do figure it out..
SD
Robert Chambers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

I had new seats installed in my stock 36 HP heads for the WW 33 mm Okrasa intake valves. Some blending was needed after the seats were installed as the seats were slightly bigger in diameter. Fit was perfect. New guides and exhaust valves were also installed with all new springs. I lapped in the valves, checked for equal height on the valve stems and performed some minor porting and port matching. The heads look great! I hope to assemble the engine this Winter.
'63 OG 117
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

Matthew did my heads as well, I sent him the WW Okrasa valves and he did the rest

Stem diameter and length were same as stock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: do okrasa valves fit stock 36hp heads? Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
Matthew did my heads as well, I sent him the WW Okrasa valves and he did the rest

Stem diameter and length were same as stock

Funny, he literally just responded to my email, with the same info..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: