Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Bulli Brigade XXV - The longest running pre-67 bus show in the country.

Time to start getting everything in order to aim for the largest Bulli in its 25-year history! Drive, drag or bring in pieces your Split Window bus. Doesn't matter the condition. Enjoy the day with Split Window enthusiasts from all over the world!

Bulli Brigade XXV
Clearwater, Florida

When: November 10, 2018 Bulli Brigade 25 will be back in Clearwater, Florida from 8:00am – 2:00pm.

Location: Quaker Steak and Lube, 10400 49th St N, Clearwater, FL 33762
Quaker Steak & Lube is located 17 miles from Fort De Soto campground and 9 miles from the KOA. For more information about the venue, follow the below link.

http://thelube.com/locations/florida/pinellas-park-clearwater/

Registration Fee: $10 Day of show

Commercial Vending Fee $40. Space limited to first come first served. Must be VW related. (Vending a few parts out of your split in the show area free as always) The “Commercial” vending area will be located on the north end of Quaker Steak and Lube adjacent to the stage and outside bar area. (Same as last year)

Host Hotel: La Quinta Inns & Suites (5000 Lake Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760. Telephone, 1-727-299-9800)

Quaker Steak & Lube owner, Bill Church, has again offered to open their doors early to provide a Buffet style breakfast.

Spectator parking (Overflow, only if needed) will be $5 per vehicle on the "Adjust-a-Brush" property across the street

*There will be a 50/50 raffle*
Proceeds will go to The Police Unity Tour, a 250 mile benefit bicycle which supports surviving spouses and children of Officers killed in the line of duty as well as helping maintain the National Police Memorial in Washington DC.

Show categories: Best Camper, Best Commercial, Best Custom, Best Passenger, Best Vintage, Best Breakdown, Longest Distance, and Promoters Choice.

Please spread the word, drive safe, and we’ll see you in November!

For more info: Robert Kennedy 904-501-3586

T-Shirt sales will be at approximately 10:30am

Awards will be at approximately 1:30pm
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Spoke with La Quinta today and already filling up. The group rate is $79 and all renovations are completed along with the pool. Contact info again is:

La Quinta Inns & Suites (5000 Lake Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760. Telephone, 1-727-299-9800)
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Can't wait, coming up quickly now!

There will be an East Coast/Mid-Atlantic convoy as in years past. Prolly leave out the 6th or 7th from DC/Richmond area. All Split Window drivers welcome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Woohoo 25 years strong. Thank you, thank you, thank you all for the hard work in putting on his must go to show. Can't wait.
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Looking forward for this years show, rooms booked Friday night.

Looking to book a room for Sat night. Will there be others getting rooms in Wesley Chapel?

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

brettsvw wrote:

Looking to book a room for Sat night. Will there be others getting rooms in Wesley Chapel?

Brett we have booked rooms in Wesley Chapel the last two years and no one seems to stay there anymore.

has the party been moved and no one is telling us??...hehehe
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

If I am coming to the show from out of town I’d take a beach hotel over the WC.
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Room Booked at La Quinta they quoted me $84 for Thursday night and $89 for Friday night. I asked the gentleman twice....are you sure??

I did not want to argue over a couple of bucks. Room booked. Can't wait. looking forward to some cooler weather.

Still have not decided where to stay Saturday night. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Will anyone be offering Henna Tattoos at the show this year?? I really wanna get some Bulli 25 ink, but, I have to make sure it is gone before I get home.
Waterborn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

This will be my FIRST Bulli Brigade and my FIRST VW show/meet-up EVER. So looking forward to attending. Thinking about camping out. I presume numerous folks do so at the campground near Ft Desoto? Gotta jump on reservations this weekend.

Also, sent a message via the FB but is there typically live music at these events? If so, I have a good friend from NC that I would love to put you all in touch with. He fronts the band the Grassabillies. You can check them out here: https://www.thegrassabillies.com/
dirtylawnchair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

brettsvw wrote:

zuggbug wrote:

Brett we have booked rooms in Wesley Chapel the last two years and no one seems to stay there anymore.

has the party been moved and no one is telling us

We always book a room for Saturday night at the Best Western in Wesley Chapel. Yeah, the parking lot hang outs have been slightly smaller but that is just less to worry about. A few too many beers, a nice dinner and great stories that we have all heard before .. That to me is a great night.

So, everyone heading to Wesley Chapel for Saturday book at the Best Western.
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

dirtylawnchair wrote:
brettsvw wrote:

zuggbug wrote:

has the party been moved and no one is telling us

We always book a room for Saturday night at the Best Western in Wesley Chapel. Yeah, the parking lot hang outs have been slightly smaller but that is just less to worry about. A few too many beers, a nice dinner and great stories that we have all heard before .. That to me is a great night.

So, everyone heading to Wesley Chapel for Saturday book at the Best Western.

thanks for the reply - I spoke to a few people at the German invasion Show last weekend and they recommended camping at Bug Jamb, but I am not planning on camping on this trip, so Wesley Chapel it is.
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Yea the parties at the hotels in Wesley Chapel have gone down tremendously over the last few years. But we still plan to stay there.
Since the BUG JAM organizer has allowed camping at the fairgrounds, some of the folks go there now. So not sure how the scene is there on a saturday night. LOL

We are planning to be at the Best Western again.

by the way, we are just going to take registration for Bulli at the event. I have alot of stuff going on this fall to have pre-registration.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

We've camped at Bug Jam the past few years, it's "ok" but not great.

There isn't much organization, so people park wherever they want. This ends up making it extremely difficult to get in and out of the camping area because so many park along the road, blocking everyone else.

You also have the typical drunk assholes trying to ruin the fun for everyone. I wish it were just loud talking, but they love to sit in their cars with open exhausts and rev the shit out of the motors all night long. Oh, and try to pick up 13 year old girls walking by themselves.

So yeah.....
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:

There isn't much organization, so people park wherever they want. This ends up making it extremely difficult to get in and out of the camping area because so many park along the road, blocking everyone else.

You also have the typical drunk assholes trying to ruin the fun for everyone. I wish it were just loud talking, but they love to sit in their cars with open exhausts and rev the shit out of the motors all night long. Oh, and try to pick up 13 year old girls walking by themselves.

So yeah.....

Definitely camping at BugJam, who wants to hang with Paulie when you can be camping with Pedophiles?!?!
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Mr. Unpopular wrote:

So yeah.....

Definitely camping at BugJam, who wants to hang with Paulie when you can be camping with Pedophiles?!?!
Laughing Laughing
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

zuggbug wrote:
brettsvw wrote:

has the party been moved and no one is telling us??...hehehe

"camping" on-site is where it's at now days Wink at least for me at the swap area, T
'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

T, Can you camp IN the swap area if you have parts that you're selling?
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

Officially, no. Unofficially, yeah.
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 - November 10th - Clearwater, Florida Reply with quote

74superTN wrote:
T, Can you camp IN the swap area if you have parts that you're selling?

No not for Bulli. Some stay outside the hotel next door though.

The other person was talking about Sat night at the Fairgrounds where Bug Jam is held.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: