Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

12' Transawn 2000. Anybody else have one?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogerweld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: 12' Transawn 2000. Anybody else have one? Reply with quote

Found a deal on a 12' Transawn 2000 that I could not pass up. I was concerned about the length. This thing will span entire length of my Riviera. Has anybody here had or has a 12' awning on a bay? Would be interested in how you mounted it. I am assuming 3 mounting brackets and some sorta custom bracket to mount near A pillar.
volksinthevalley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: 12' Transawn 2000. Anybody else have one? Reply with quote

I have a Transawn 2000 on my bus. It took me forever, but I finally found the proper brackets, which mount to the rain gutter, through Camping World. They were drop-shipped from A&E directly.

This was about 10 years ago, and since then I can no longer locate them on the Camping World site for a second awning I have. I haven't tried contacting A&E for a set yet, but that would be my suggestion. I still have the receipt, so I can get you the part number if needed.
boogerweld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: 12' Transawn 2000. Anybody else have one? Reply with quote

That would be great! Thanks!
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 12' Transawn 2000. Anybody else have one? Reply with quote

Browsing the forum and saw this thread. There's a lengthy Trans-Awn topic (owner's manual, parts list, etc.) over in Vanagonland, so thought I'd chime in.

The A&E/Dometic bracket is the Van Adapter Kit #930035. This is NLA from Dometic, but you may find a set somewhere.

Or:

Eezi-Awn version (Eezi-Awn is basically a direct copy of the A&E/Dometic): https://www.equipt1.com/products/series-1000-2000-awning-mount?variant=7403052564543 (should be the "gutter rail set" in the menu). If you need 3 brackets, you'll unfortunately have to order two sets for a total of 4.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: