Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pushrods
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Pushrods Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good source for stock, aluminum pushrods or can you point me towards some? I'm hoping not to have to pay almost 10 bucks a hit for a set of them. I'm surprised they are that expensive. Thanks, Mike
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

Most VW rebuild places have them laying around, Most of us do it yourselfers have them laying around and I did a search for pushrods on the Samba and found these advertised. pushrods Price: $1.50 ea+ shipping. Make sure they are straight maybe ordering a few extra. If your car has a cam or ratio rockers though you may need the aftermarket racing pushrods. ACN sells them. If the engine is a stroker it will need cut to length pushrods. Be sure to clean the inside of the tubes well by spraying an ample amount of carb cleaner through them using a can of cleaner with the straw spray attachment on it.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

$10 for a set of pushrods is expensive?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

jpaull wrote:

Best I've found for new ones is 10 bucks each. I found one set for 50 bucks but they want 27 bucks to ship priority mail
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

liquidrush wrote:
jpaull wrote:

Best I've found for new ones is 10 bucks each. I found one set for 50 bucks but they want 27 bucks to ship priority mail

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2092155
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

liquidrush wrote:
jpaull wrote:

Your not going to find a low price for a new set. Aluminum pushrods are expensive.
IMO you should get a used OE set or use steel pushrods.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

It's amazing how many folks think you can still rebuild a VW engine for $125 in parts.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
It's amazing how many folks think you can still rebuild a VW engine for $125 in parts.

I doubt you can get a set of main, rod and cam bearings along with a gasket set for that price

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

They days of walking into the local VW shop with an oil dripping core and $300 cash and leaving with a rebuilt engine are OVER.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

Dan Ruddock wrote:
liquidrush wrote:
jpaull wrote:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2092155

$12 here, shipped-

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2150681

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcmscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
They days of walking into the local VW shop with an oil dripping core and $300 cash and leaving with a rebuilt engine are OVER.

Yep, and transmissions are following suit, finnally.

68 Ghia
67 T-1
65 Notch
02 Mexican beetle
74 Thing
15 Long travel rail
07 Nomad
05 f-250
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

but there will always be the diehard VW cheep asses wanting everything for nothing....
Firebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

Haha you need to add 2 more 0's to the end of that number. Then you are in the ball park. Well for something nice anyway. Cool

The cost of building an engine yourself is like converting to metric..."Double it and add thirty!"
Firebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrods Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

Haha you need to add 2 more 0's to the end of that number. Then you are in the ball park. Well for something nice anyway. Cool

The cost of building an engine yourself is like converting to metric..."Double it and add thirty!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: