Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Haunted House?
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We have a house out in Pennsylvania, now it is a vacation/weekend retreat. In the future we will retire there.

My daughter dropped by tonight to do something, we have an alarm that needs to be turned off........

Her text to me.......
"So I opened your door and as I was setting the alarm heard footsteps running in the house. No one was in there 😳"

Hmmmm...........

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Wasn't me.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

A rat, a great big fu¥€ing rat.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Big Foot possibly? Lots of woods there for them to hide in.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Smile While I tend to side with TDCTDI with a wildlife adventure in the attic, anything is possible. Our house is haunted and has been for the 24 years we've lived here. For the first 14 years or so we thought we knew who it was, as our house was once a halfway house for mentally challenged individuals. We actually (well, a chimney sweep) found a suicide note stuffed in the crevice of the damper. Freaked him out totally (obviously, fireplace had never been used, even though the house was built in the 20's). In recent years it's been my one pet cat believe it or not.. the human apparition has been "dormant" - we haven't had any sightings or heard much from him, but my old cat... yeah, she's around. And plays with our current two cats from time to time....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wiscokid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We stayed at an old house in Laurium Mi last year, the kids were super excited and as kids do they got super crazy at night. We finally got everyone settled down and in their rooms for some sleep. We were all in bedrooms upstairs and after about half an hour of trying to sleep in a new house I heard the kids running around downstairs and what sounded like the remote being tossed around,which was exactly what they were doing earlier. I got up and went to the door of our room to yell at them to get back to bed and boom, dead silence, all the kids sleeping away in their rooms. Of course the next morning no one had heard a thing and nothing was out of place. We stayed a week and nothing else happened, and I want to go back to see if there is a repeat in circumstances. I firmly believe that there was something in that old house.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Tightest house I've ever owned!
No mice, no mammals, no nothing!
Attic is vermin free.

House has an alarm with motion sensors...... no motion.

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

It is the live ones you have to worry about -

Any home older than 1920s , esp the larger ones, I am sure many have died in them...either of natural causes or by someone else. Laughing

I almost bought a house like that and when I had my realtor friend check it out - he said that house gave him the creeps. It was too cheap and too perfect. Large trees outside, was on old Victorian. In the basement were some old newspapers cutouts of some murderer. An old shotgun barrel by the window. Hmnnn?

The woodwork was immaculate. My friend said he felt like something was weird about that house, that he got the feeling he was not welcome inside.

And there were no people around the area despite the abundance of neighboring homes. I told him maybe they all sleep during day and only come out at night ---for feeding. Laughing
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We bought our very original 1949 vintage house at an estate auction 35 years ago. The prior owners were a husband and wife with no kids. He died in the early 70s and the wife had a fatal heart attack in the living room in 1981. Her name was Mary Angus. We get the house and start to make some needed upgrades.
Any number of weird things happened. Lights would turn on and off on their own. Power would surge. A faucet would stop - and then restart - by itself. And I felt some kind of presence in the house.
One night I was there my myself and strange things were still happening. Chills up my spine. I yelled out "Mary Angus this is our house! Go away!"
And the weird stuff never occurred again.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My wife has had several incidents that are very difficult to explain. In one home she live in in Mass, she swears she watched a large dark mass descend a flight of stairs, round a corner and walk down a second set of stairs.

In the house prior to where we currently live she mentioned many episodes. She said she often saw a dark mass move from a hallway to one of the bedrooms and back. One time when my step daughter was little, my wife was giving her a bath in the spare bathroom. Her back was to the door. Her daughter kept staring at something and finally said who’s the lady that keeps walking down the hall? My wife turned around to find nothing there. My stepdaughter went on to describe the “old lady” in quite a bit of detail. She was 3.

For many years my step daughter mentioned a dark man that she would see in her room. It got to the point where she wouldn’t sleep in her room without the lights on. Eventually she just began sleeping on the couch or in my wife’s room (before we were married). My wife was always unsure of what she had seen but believed she saw something. One night my wife awoke rather late, looked up and said there was a tall apparition standing next to the bed just watching her. It disappeared quickly, but she is convinced of what she saw.

Several years passed, she and I got together and I moved in. She talked with me a few times about the occurrences but I remained skeptical. I have to admit though I always had an odd feeling in the house as if I was never quite alone. One night, while we were sitting watching tv, I was on one end of the couch. My stepdaughter was 10 years old and a little mischievous and liked to play pranks. So we are sitting on the couch. My wife is laying down beside me with her head resting on my lap. My arm was resting on the arm of the couch and there was an open space behind the couch. I clearly and very distinctly, felt something push my elbow forward hard enough to move my arm off the couch. It startled me and I looked around quickly expecting to find my stepdaughter giggling behind the couch... Nope. She was laying to my right on the loveseat fast asleep. We moved very shortly after.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My wife and her family believe in ghosts. It's insane. We've got a teacher with a Masters degree and National Board certification, an occupational therapist, a long term care professional and they're all sitting around talking about spooky shit that has happened to them or to people they know. I can't even be present when they talk about it. It's too embarrassing.
I've had my share of odd stuff happen. When I was 12 or so, my dog, who was super smart and not prone to barking or raising hackles at stupid shit, started growling at my closet one night. He stood up, took a couple of steps toward the closet door and growled like I'd yet to hear him growl.
I got up, turned the light on, showed him there was nothing there and went back to bed. To them, that's proof something was there. To me, it's proof that my dog heard voices outside the house that sounded like they were coming from the closet.
Silliness...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My opinion is summed up in this graph
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My Step Great Uncle lived in the same house he was born in. That house gave me the creeps. It was like someone was always watching. In the basement there was a door with Egyptian Hieroglyphics written on it so I was going over to check it out. Nope. Something told me when I was walking that way to turn around and leave. It was like I wasn't turning around on my own. My mind said get the f@#$ out of there. I didn't go in that house for another 20 years. The family tried to bring a priest in to get the spirits out and he wouldn't let them.

If you think the house is haunted, get a priest in there to get them out. If you believe in that kind of shit. Or a Ouija Board. Wait, that may bring more in. Don't do that.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Try drinking goat blood and lighting a candle in a skull.

I'm glad I don't believe in ghosts and goblins....
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Or a Ouija Board. Wait, that may bring more in. Don't do that.

You mean a Luigi board?

Link

mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
We have a house out in Pennsylvania, now it is a vacation/weekend retreat. In the future we will retire there.

My daughter dropped by tonight to do something, we have an alarm that needs to be turned off........

Her text to me.......
"So I opened your door and as I was setting the alarm heard footsteps running in the house. No one was in there 😳"

Hmmmm...........

Dave

Hi Dave

I live in a structure that is not that old but it is full of unknown things....I hear voices at night...we can both hear voices and music at night... sometimes we can even hear music and we can also hear parties at night too....I have seen stuff that I can see thru that moves around the house...we can even smell cigarette smoke some nights too...I have even had experts come onto the grounds and tell me there are 3 entities that exist on my property...2 males and 1 female...I have had the house cleansed too...and still some nights it all comes back again...

I even had an old Jeep once that had a presence that wore blue jeans and a red flannel shirt...when the Jeep left so did the presence...

Welcome to the wonderful world of the "non-physical"...I have never been hurt by any of them but yes they can be very unnerving at times...and they never knock on the front door either...they just show up...

MikeC
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We're up at the house for the week doing various tasks, one is to put in some deck footing before the Winter freezes come.

I'm digging footings with no issues until I hit solid concrete about two feet deep.
I'm thinking what the heck?!?!
It has a convex shape, like a domed lid to a cistern or vault.
Old aeriall photos I've found show the lot as a field, so no old barns.....
of course the Ghost = dead body = crypt....... nah..... can't be.......

Discussion ensued....... drill a hole in it? It is hollow? If we drill a hole do we let out the Spirits? Laughing Shocked

Its deep enough and solid, the inspector said to just pour on top of it......... hmmmmm ........ Let sleeping dogs (Spirits) lie.............

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My parents downsized to a smaller house for retirement.

The screen at the kitchen window had a slice from corner-to-corner. They didn't think much of it until they learned that's how the police let themselves in when the previous owner committed suicide by running the car in the garage.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
We're up at the house for the week doing various tasks, one is to put in some deck footing before the Winter freezes come.

I'm digging footings with no issues until I hit solid concrete about two feet deep.

Discussion ensued....... drill a hole in it? It is hollow? If we drill a hole do we let out the Spirits? Laughing Shocked

Its deep enough and solid, the inspector said to just pour on top of it......... hmmmmm ........ Let sleeping dogs (Spirits) lie.............

Dave

Bomb shelter?, secret govermnent installation?, buried treasure?, Jimmy Hoffa?, radioactive waste?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

Dave

could it be an old concrete septic tank, do you have an original as-built of the place that might show you what it is. If it is a septic tank and you drill it yea you will get a lot of spirits out of there. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: