Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Haunted House?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We have a rental property that we used to live in. I bought it from a guy that I once worked with and his mom died in the shower while cleaning it. Old age nothing weird.
Never really bothered me, but my wife says she felt some weird presence once in a while.
Years ago we rented it to a weird Lesbian couple that loved incense and candles, just a bizarre couple. She called me up one day and said that she saw the ghost of an old lady in the tub. I know I never mentioned it to her and my wife rarely talked to them. I explained to her after what I knew and she felt better knowing the truth. I would usually write stuff like that off, that was just to weird for words.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Just us buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

In 1973 through 1975 I was in the Peace Corps in Guatemala. My first house, not visible from the dirt road and with sliding interior shutters on the windows, had an orb or some kind of light that would circle the room about 1 foot below the ceiling. Also some nights several voices (not Spanish or English but sounding like Mayan) would circle the house on the outside but be nobody there when I'd check. I decided that it meant me no harm and sometimes I'd tell it to go away so I could get some sleep. After a dispute with the landlady I moved and the second house had none of that but something occasionally put crude braids with feathers and pebbles in my mare's mane even though the barn door was locked. That scared me. Google elflock and El Sombrero'n.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Just an update.
We're up at the house and got to talking how the odd behaviours in the house have stopped, nothing since late 2018.

As a possible explanation, For Christmas we gave each other personalized coffee mugs.
One says WALTER
One says PEARL
We use them frequently while visiting.

We are Wondering if they just wanted to be remembered and recognized? Now that they are....... all is well with their souls?

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

This is the best thread on thesamba right now. Screw the barndoor build threads ...

Popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We spent a week at the house, focused on framing a deck and some interior "tweaks".

Driving home my Wife asks....... "have you ever heard the music in the house?"
No.......
"It is faint, I hear it a lot at night and wondered if a radio was on in the basement."
There is a radio but it isn't on.......

She added,..... "When I was in the kitchen, I had the ironing board up and was looking out the window as I ironed. In front of me was a pill bottle on the counter that slid over by itself about two inches, the iron cord was no where near it."

Hmmm......... 🤔😳

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Been watching The Ghost and Mrs. Muir? Very Happy
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

They've accepted your residence in "their" house. But expect little things, like the pill bottle, to remind you that they are still there...
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, yeah....... I know what you're thinking...... "he's nuts!"
But......

We're at the house this weekend, honestly Walter has been very quiet lately.

We need more space, this house is only 676 sq ft.
We don't have cash to build an addition and we found a three bedroom house locally for only $94,000. Yes it needs some work but I can easily do that.
Sell this house for $145,000 or so.......
We were discussing the pros and cons and about selling this place.

We must have pissed of Walter, maybe he's come to like us?

Anyway about 6 am there is a loud crash in the Pantry, followed by a big BANG similar to my first experience in the house.
The pantry noise was a box of crackers on the floor..... unusual but not beyond normal explanation, the big BANG? No idea....... just like the first time.

Mid morning, my Wife is sitting at the kitchen table, I'm in the bedroom and "click!" The TV in the living room mysteriously turns on.
No power blips, no wind, rain or anything.

We are guessing that he didn't like the "sell the house" conversation?

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Very Happy Pretty much. Like I said before, he's accepted your residence and doesn't see you as a threat, probably much more as family. He doesn't want to lose that again. If you haven't, have a conversation and let him know and include him in the conversation. I'm not even close to kidding... you'd be surprised.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

Mid morning, my Wife is sitting at the kitchen table, I'm in the bedroom and "click!" The TV in the living room mysteriously turns on.

when I was a kid we lived in a townhouse style apartment. there were 2 buildings, 6 units in each. anyway we all had the same cable company and at night I would fuck with the neighbors and change their tv stations or fuck with the volume while we played outside. turns out we all had the same remotes

messed with a LOT of people back then Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
djkeev wrote:

when I was a kid we lived in a townhouse style apartment. there were 2 buildings, 6 units in each. anyway we all had the same cable company and at night I would fuck with the neighbors and change their tv stations or fuck with the volume while we played outside. turns out we all had the same remotes

messed with a LOT of people back then Laughing

Yeah.... but you need neighbors to have that happen.......

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

About 10-12 years ago, my family and I moved into a house after a quick sell of our house( this was before the big real estate dump in '08 so I may be off by a year or two). We had to very quickly find a house that would accept a tenant with an energetic German Shorthair hunting dog. The place we found was pretty slum-lordy but we didn't have much choice.

I can't recall exactly how long we lived there, but my wife and both young son's at the time insisted the house gave them the willys, constantly. I personally never noticed a thing. We had become friends with both the next door neighbor(the house was on a corner so we only had one next door neighbor)as well as the across the street neighbor. We were often invited over to the across the street neighbor's house for family summer pool parties. At one such event, the teenage boy who lived there casually mentioned to me the tenants, not prior, but immediately before that had violent, yelling fights, and the older teenage boy who lived in our house had committed suicide, by hanging, in the garage. Kinda wish the slum-lord owner had mentioned that before we moved in. My wife and son's weird feelings in the house came long before we knew of the suicide. Were they related? No way to know.

Personally, I WANT to believe in ghost and spirits and the like, but I simply never get those "feelings" regardless of what those around me are feeling. Perhaps I'm just not sensitive enough.

H2OSB
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

We never did and regarded stories such as ours coming from crazy folk.

But, as we've aged and had more experiences, there are several "normal" people we know who have similar stories to tell........ or........ Maybe we've just fallen in with the Crazies and these "normal" people ain't so normal? Laughing

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My dad lived in a lot of houses as a child but the one he lived in the longest(like 4 years) was from the gold mine era out in Central California. One day he and his brother were sitting at the lunch table eating mayo sandwiches like any other day. Their biggest mistake was when they glanced at the fire place. They looked over and saw a human like figure run across the house. No Windows, No fire lit, No one else but them. They both claim to have seen the ghost and this was in the early 90’s or late 80’s. Scared the crap out of em.

If you wanna see ghost and you live in the south i would go to these 4 places,
-Savannah
-st augistine(especially the old lighthouse)
-and the casual on plantation here in GoodHope GA.
-Taccoa GA campgrounds And waterfall
I’m a photographer and I’ve caught some spooky ass stuff before. Its one of the downsides when exploring b/c i really hate when spirits f with me.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

My camp toccoa story,

2 years ago in toccoa GA, I attended one of the camps about 2 or 3 minutes away from the waterfall. No, not the military camp btw. Anyways, it was a 6 or 7 day stay(standered). Lucky me got placed in the oldest cabins in the far back of the property.(not lucky). I even saw dates of previous campers names from the 20’s. The site was about 5 miles from anyone else and about 7 from the cafe, rec room, etc. so one the 2nd night I’m in this muggy ass cabin trying to fall asleep on a matris that looks to be around 35yrs old at least. Everyone falls asleep I think and I’m about to also until i hear this really odd sound. It was like if you were shuffling in the dirt and knocking at the same time. At first i though it was a wood pecker with rabies or something but then 10minutes go by, then 20, 30, 40, etc. at this point I’m annoyed and I’m starting to i think that i was being pranked. I loook around and everyone is sound asleep. Its pitch dark(no electricity, no water). It goes on and on and on. BUT, here’s what freaks me out. The seconds i lift my head a mm off my pillow the sound stops COMPLETELY!! At this point I’m about to whip out my Mosin that i snuck to camp(Not really but i i had then i would have). For real though, what i actually did was whip out my bible And flashlight and hold that thing closer than it ever had. Then god answered me. My atheist cabin mate wakes up and says “turn that thing off bruh”. So i ignore him and ask him if he can hear anything. We switch beds and he says “what are you talking about”? At this point I’m tired and just want to go to bed. It was probably about 2 or 3 am. So, i get back in my first cot with my head up and wait a minute. The nanosecond my head touches my pillow, he sounds starts again. Same sound. I slept on the floor that night by my friend. The next night, the sound was gone. Ya, I don’t go to that camp anymore.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Egyptian Hieroglyphics written on it

work of the free masons?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Ride-Fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Shiiiiieeet howdy Dave! It’s been almost a year since your last update!! Did the two slackers finally leave you and the missus in peace?
2018 Ford F-350 Platinum, Ruby Red Metallic
2017 Mercedes GLE350, Polar White
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Ha!
Walter has been quiet for quite awhile.

In preparation for Thanksgiving we've been busy at the house after a prolonged absence.
Fall had fallen so three days were spent outside cleaning up the yard.
Leaves picked up, grass cut, trees trimmed, flowers cut back and flower beds edged. I built a new flower bed around a long dead maple tree stump out by the street, built a new mailbox post and relocated the mailbox into the new flower bed.
My daughter had helped stack two cords of firewood but sadly her stacking skills are wanting and a third of the pile collapsed so I did the stack again.
Cleaned the basement and then today we did a thorough deep clean of the house as we baked pies and prepped other holiday foods.

Shortly after going to bed, we heard clear as day a man's voice say "we did it".
Now unless my Golden has taken up talking (which could be, he IS an amazing dog! 😂 ) it was real.
Sadly, I fail to recall getting any help at all on any of our wearisome tasks!
Maybe it is like a small child feeling they "helped" as they follow you around?

Who knows? Maybe he has company coming for thanksgiving and is pleased we cleaned the place up 🤷‍♂️ )

He is benign and harmless. He adds character to an otherwise mundane home.

Walter can stay.

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

This drive down to Dave’s place to make funny noises is killing me....but moving his Vanagon just enough to not trigger his tracker is an art form....
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Walter wanted to watch TV this morning, we didn't ...... seven times it would "magically" come on, we would turn it off with the remote, a few minutes later, on again........

No, no close neighbors whose remote might be doing it, just the two of us sitting and talking in the living room as we had our morning coffee, dog asleep on the floor.

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: