Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

For all the crap he talks I guess he can't wrench...or race Rolling Eyes
http://www.thedrive.com/news/22817/gas-monkey-gara...t-woodward
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

I wonder if that was in the script?

Guess he got himself some of that Laughing

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:

Guess he got himself some of that Laughing

That is exactly what I thought Very Happy
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Who cares.

It's a C list celebrity on a scripted show on that joke of a car channel, that doesn't have one single redeeming show on it anymore after they lost Edd China off wheeler dealers.

Non-story.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Who cares.

Your comment sure makes it look like you care...

sb001 wrote:
It's a C list celebrity on a scripted show on that joke of a car channel, that doesn't have one single redeeming show on it anymore after they lost Edd China off wheeler dealers.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, there werent any shows besides possibly Roadkill (not scripted) being filmed at that event. Unless you're saying Richard slammed his $60k Dodge into the wall just for the heck of it?

Last edited by FullFender on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

cleaned up... let's behave.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Oh Geezhus... he already cleaned the tires once. He had to clean them a second time?

She passed him like he was stopped and checking his oil. Laughing

He can handle a car paint job...is about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Kinda sucks, could happen to anyone really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Who cares.

Non-story.

I forget who it was in the 60s maybe some govt official that declared TV programming “a vast wasteland “ that sounds pretty accurate, then and now maybe worse now.

Lately I’ve been watching Ed Sullivan, Laugh In, Dick Cavet and even Mr. Ed and much more 60s stuff on Decades channel or another called Me TV. I draw the line at Gilligan’s Island though. Back in the old days we would turn sound off and play records while getting buzzed. Listen to Eric Clapton’s Layla while watching I love Lucy that’s entertainment 😀
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Who cares.

Non-story.

I forget who it was in the 60s maybe some govt official that declared TV programming “a vast wasteland “ that sounds pretty accurate, then and now maybe worse now.

Lately I’ve been watching Ed Sullivan, Laugh In, Dick Cavet and even Mr. Ed and much more 60s stuff on Decades channel or another called Me TV. I draw the line at Gilligan’s Island though. Back in the old days we would turn sound off and play records while getting buzzed. Listen to Eric Clapton’s Layla while watching I love Lucy that’s entertainment 😀

The vast wasteland quote was FCC Chairman Netwon Minow, the actual quote is:

When television is good, nothing — not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers — nothing is better.

But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite each of you to sit down in front of your television set when your station goes on the air and stay there, for a day, without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland.

You will see a procession of game shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western bad men, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence, and cartoons. And endlessly, commercials — many screaming, cajoling, and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you’ll see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, I only ask you to try it.

The problem of applying that to the television of today is back in the 60s when that speech was made they had no idea that cable TV and streaming services would exist. I might agree that BROADCAST television (the big 4) is worse now than it was then, but there are terrific TV shows on cable and streaming services that don't have to abide by the same FCC regulations the broadcast networks do. You may have heard the current era of TV being described as a "golden age" of television, I would agree. There is some REALLY good stuff on the airwaves nowadays, IMO better than what's in most movie theaters-- you just have to look around for it.

1600 SP engine
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

^^^^^
If you don't like what is on... turn it off.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
^^^^^
If you don't like what is on... turn it off.

That would be too easy Very Happy you and I are close in age and I’m sure you remember a time when all that was available was the 3 major networks and one or two UHFs. As kids we stayed outdoors, read books and had other diversions rather than staring at a TV. Very Happy on the subject of Richard Rawlings ? He seems useless as a mechanic probably couldnt fix anything but he’s a good bullshit artist and has done well in that respect.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Who cares.

Non-story.

The vast wasteland quote was FCC Chairman Netwon Minow, the actual quote is:

When television is good, nothing — not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers — nothing is better.

But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite each of you to sit down in front of your television set when your station goes on the air and stay there, for a day, without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland.

You will see a procession of game shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western bad men, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence, and cartoons. And endlessly, commercials — many screaming, cajoling, and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you’ll see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, I only ask you to try it.

The problem of applying that to the television of today is back in the 60s when that speech was made they had no idea that cable TV and streaming services would exist. I might agree that BROADCAST television (the big 4) is worse now than it was then, but there are terrific TV shows on cable and streaming services that don't have to abide by the same FCC regulations the broadcast networks do. You may have heard the current era of TV being described as a "golden age" of television, I would agree. There is some REALLY good stuff on the airwaves nowadays, IMO better than what's in most movie theaters-- you just have to look around for it.

Honey Boo Boo that’s great television Very Happy Did you ever think people would be interested in seeing a guy stick his arm up a cows ass? Dr. pol more great TV. 😀👌🏼
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Honey Boo Boo that’s great television Very Happy Did you ever think people would be interested in seeing a guy stick his arm up a cows ass? Dr. pol more great TV. 😀👌🏼

LOL yes there are shit lowest common denominator TV shows now as well, can you believe that honey boo boo is on what started out as the Learning Channel. I'm pretty sure that channel is under the same umbrella as History channel and Discovery, whoever the showrunner is there has the market cornered for brain killing worthlessness, Velocity has the same market cornered for car related BS.

All Creatures Great and Small showed arms up a cow's ass before anyone else and did it on PBS on sat nights when my family was eating dinner

1600 SP engine
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Oh Geezhus... he already cleaned the tires once. He had to clean them a second time?

She passed him like he was stopped and checking his oil. Laughing

He can handle a car paint job...is about it.

Maybe I am being too rough on him, it's possible he is so used to smoking tires on his show for a minute he forgot he was racing. To his credit Leah IS a NHRA superstar, I would've been intimidated too Laughing Razz
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:

All Creatures Great and Small showed arms up a cow's ass before anyone else and did it on PBS on sat nights when my family was eating dinner

That's better than everyone on reality TV showing us their asses.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

FullFender wrote:
For all the crap he talks I guess he can't wrench...or race Rolling Eyes
http://www.thedrive.com/news/22817/gas-monkey-gara...t-woodward

Was he drunk?
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

Who is that guy?

He should just say no to meth.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Rawlings Drag Race Fail Reply with quote

That was as exciting as watching grass grow.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: