Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dealership wants to rent my bug??
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carmasdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

So like the title says the local VW dealer want to rent my super beetle for special sales events. It’s a 73 super beetle painted like Herbie but with full air ride suspension and pretty much everything brand new. I’m looking for advice on what I should charge????
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

Static of will they be driving it?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Carmasdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

No just sitting as a cool display. I wish I could figure out how to post pics with my iPhone
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

This one?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Carmasdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

Yup I figured out how to put pics in my gallery
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

another thing to consider is insurance - all those rubberneckers about and their bored kids.....
Coffee Freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

Call around to some of the exotic import rental places. I know you can rent a Lambo or Ferrari in places like Florida and California. Charge in line with what they charge. Also make sure they have insurance in case of damages to the vehicle while in their care. You know every kid in the world will want to sit in it.

OR...... if you are the community minded sort, negotiate a deal with them to have your car club's car show there in exchange for letting them use the car for a few days.

It's all in how you look at it.
Carmasdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

Great ideas thanks
Carmasdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

It seems like renting it out might be a hassle with the people in and out of it. I may just see if they want to buy it. I’m all done working on it after a year and a half. It might be time for the next project.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

They don't want it... trust me.

They wand to pay a few hundred and use it as a prop.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

A few years ago my 1971 convertible was used in a local photoshoot for something non-automotive. I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work, think they gave me $150.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

cusser did you get to keep the negatives? Wink
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

finster wrote:
cusser did you get to keep the negatives? Wink

No but one Friday afternoon at work in the 1980s, about 20 feet from our dark-film windows, about 6 models did a bikini photoshoot as our site had grass and palm trees, and they changed bikinis right in front of us, all went completely starkers, no changing tents, etc. We were all pressed against the large darkened windows, keeping very quiet so they wouldn't hear us; of course, no one had a camera with them in those days. It was great !!!

And exactly a week later the models were back doing follow-up shots, so same show again !!!

100% true story.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
andy198712
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

Do you need the car daily?

maybe just ask for a cool car as a loan car while they use yours? Golf R.... Wink

and just ask that they take care or it in terms of damage ect...? i'm too trusting
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

I'm picturing some dude with a chain wallet sitting on your hood while he takes a vape-break.

I wouldn't do it unless it was cordoned-off with velvet ropes and someone responsible for the car watching the whole time. Even then I'd be nervous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

I had been approached a couple years ago by my local VW dealer about it. All depends how concerned you are about the car if it's not roped off. Not gonna be politically correct at all, but this is what it is. I have ALWAYS had the worse time keeping Asian kids off of my cars at shows. I will gladly let or even encourage kids to sit in our cars, blow the horn etc. if they are respectful of the car and their parents have them under control.

On the flip side (not sure if its because I am in a college town or what), but the other kids (including teens and young adults) will start crawling all over the cars and even try to sit on the trunk..... Evil or Very Mad
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andy198712
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
I had been approached a couple years ago by my local VW dealer about it. All depends how concerned you are about the car if it's not roped off. Not gonna be politically correct at all, but this is what it is. I have ALWAYS had the worse time keeping Asian kids off of my cars at shows. I will gladly let or even encourage kids to sit in our cars, blow the horn etc. if they are respectful of the car and their parents have them under control.

On the flip side (not sure if its because I am in a college town or what), but the other kids (including teens and young adults) will start crawling all over the cars and even try to sit on the trunk..... Evil or Very Mad

makes me nervous when people go near my fibreglass wings!
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

Have a damage clause in the rental agreement, but I personaly say go for it. Shit dude, my car is my daily and I would go for it.
TX-73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

If you decide to do it, in addition to verifying damage insurance, take pics or video of everything inside and out, morning of the rental. The images will be time-dated and will provide proof of prior condition if needed. You can also take them there at the dealership before you leave.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Dealership wants to rent my bug?? Reply with quote

for an after photo see this
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jagermikester/2700578439

ooh cusser 'steamy windows!' is playing in my mind
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: