Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Beers and Type 3's - Life, Progress and Passion
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Beers and Type 3's - Life, Progress and Passion Reply with quote

In honor of my brother Xevin over in the Bay forum, dinking around with your Type 3 and enjoying a cold one.

For this pi that I took to roll this thread out.... I had been fussing with the freshly installed motor. I couldnt get the dang thing to idle and or run right. It was banging and bucking. Sounded like a rod was coming through the case. I was at my wit's end as Id done it lots of times before, and set it all to factory spec.

It needed to get done as Im moving to San Diego at months end. This needed to be drivable to get on a car hauler trailer. It was stressing me out!

So on a whim, I replaced the idle jets with electromagnetic jets. Turn the key and shes racing off at high RPM. I twist it all back and she purrrrssss like a kitten Rolling Eyes Laughing

I guess the other ones were bad. So to celebrate this accomplishment and to salute my brothers both in the PNW and SoCal - I had a beer and chilled the F out. Cool

What do you have going on and what beer do you drink - as my brother Xevin would ask??

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Beers and Type 3's - Life, Progress and Passion Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

I couldnt get the dang thing to idle and or run right. It was banging and bucking. Sounded like a rod was coming through the case. I was at my wit's end as Id done it lots of times before, and set it all to factory spec.
So on a whim, I replaced the idle jets with electromagnetic jets. Turn the key and shes racing off at high RPM. I twist it all back and she purrrrssss like a kitten Rolling Eyes Laughing

I'm having the opposite issue - my car will start up but idle slowly, then die. I hadn't thought to try swapping out the cut-off jets for straight jets, maybe I'll give that a try. Thanks.

To stay on topic - I usually drink Hamm's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Beers and Type 3's - Life, Progress and Passion Reply with quote

Post a pic of the T3 and the Beer Refreshing Wink

Link

Also part of my "accessory collection" Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Beers and Type 3's - Life, Progress and Passion Reply with quote

I love an oat soda while working on the Square.

The other day, dealing with the pedals:

On the floor there is my can of Forever Simcoe, one of my favorite brews from one of my favorite breweries that also happens to be one of the best in the country and is conveniently located just down the street: Other Half Brewing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: