Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daralyn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement Reply with quote

Hi EVC Friends,

Where is the best place to obtain a replacement for our poptops, preferably like the original gray that came with the van? I just bought a 1999 EVC, it needs some work to get it into great shape, and some things I'd like to keep close to the original.

TIA!
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement Reply with quote

I don't own an EVC (yet), but I'm curious what you ended up finding out there.

(I'm also assuming your looking for the tent, not the actual roof.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement Reply with quote

I would suggest that a Reimo dealer could get you a far better top than Winnebago, which I believe no longer supplies them. Last I checked, Reimo supplies a LWB top that looks a lot like the Westfalia Weekenders--no stubby storage rack

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Daralyn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I would suggest that a Reimo dealer could get you a far better top than Winnebago, which I believe no longer supplies them. Last I checked, Reimo supplies a LWB top that looks a lot like the Westfalia Weekenders--no stubby storage rack

LOL, not sure whether to thank you or curse you...first I went to the main Reimo site, and all that did was really just frustrate me about the fact that in America we can't have nice things like people can in other countries (e.g. the cool tiny campers in Japan, the CALIFORNIA that we can't have in the USA, including CA). Thanks for the tip though. I had several of the VW parts places saved, but looking at the Reimo dealers seemed to open up a lot more options!
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement Reply with quote

Did you contact an actual Reimo dealer here in a he states? There's one in Sacramento, and I think Cole at Cavevan sells them now.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Best Vendor for Eurovan Roof Replacement Reply with quote

There's Cole at Cavevan who is a Reimo dealer and also finds Eurovan tops to put on hard top MVs: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1697481
-and-
There's Santa Cruz Campers in CA: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2198805
-and-
The random deal: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2198745
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: