Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original Bug Interiors. I’d like to see them.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Original Bug Interiors. I’d like to see them. Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Victor, that’s looking good!

Tim

Tim, that's the '64 I fixed up and later sold in May '14. I had put Scat Pro-90 seats in it a couple years earlier, and about a year later decided I really wanted to go stock for the interior, found seats from a '59, fixed everything up including installing a new multi-piece headliner. It was a beauty.

I swear, I regret selling every single one of the Bugs I've had, fixed up, and moved on from.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Frodge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Bug Interiors. I’d like to see them. Reply with quote

Let’s post some pics of those original interiors. Seats etc....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Bug Interiors. I’d like to see them. Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
This are factory original seat upholstery and door cards. Pretty boring black, but well-made compared to the TMI stuff.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That said, I am swapping it out for customer TMI covers w/cloth inserts...much more comfortable on hot days.

For original, they look great! Curious if the seat pads were re-done. They look a little "puffy." Not being critical, just curious. Some upholstery shops will use foam, as I discovered personally. I re-did with the coconut fiber cushions from WW and they were spot on - even had that "VW smell." If you replace your seat covers, you could likely find someone who'd love a chance to buy a nice set of original seat covers Wink

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Bug Interiors. I’d like to see them. Reply with quote

Wow this is funny. Check out this thread for the fate of my original-ish interior. I also document the padding.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
I've had them up for sale for a while now, but it seems original interiors aren't really in demand!

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
vamram wrote:
This are factory original seat upholstery and door cards. Pretty boring black, but well-made compared to the TMI stuff.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That said, I am swapping it out for customer TMI covers w/cloth inserts...much more comfortable on hot days.

For original, they look great! Curious if the seat pads were re-done. They look a little "puffy." Not being critical, just curious. Some upholstery shops will use foam, as I discovered personally. I re-did with the coconut fiber cushions from WW and they were spot on - even had that "VW smell." If you replace your seat covers, you could likely find someone who'd love a chance to buy a nice set of original seat covers Wink

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: