Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Changing Weber 42 DCNF Main Jets
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Changing Weber 42 DCNF Main Jets Reply with quote

I am trying to change the main jets in my 42 DCNF carbs (Berg version).

I can't get the jets out of the ends of the tubes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing Weber 42 DCNF Main Jets Reply with quote

The main jets are a press-fit into the bottom of the jet stack. Since you are not able to remove them by hand using a twisting-out motion, maybe heat up all the stacks in a boiling pot of water, take one out with tweezers, grip the stack with a glove and try twisting the main jet out with another glove?

I would try to avoid gripping the sides of the mains with pliers unless you put a layer of duct tape on the plier jaws so you don't gouge the brass jet material.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing Weber 42 DCNF Main Jets Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
The main jets are a press-fit into the bottom of the jet stack. [/img]

I run a similar 40DCNF on my 1835cc engine.

I remember taking off the carb top in 1976 soon after I got it, to change out the main jets, and confirm they just pulled out after unscrewing the "stack". I haven't taken that carb apart or off the manifold since, so I can't add anything more.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: