Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Instant electronic brake light switch
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
clbarton91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck finding an instant brake light switch? My switches don’t seem to wanna work without a ton of pressure on the pedal.
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

GearHeadKeith sells these and they work well. www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2140061
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

Fiddlestyx wrote:
GearHeadKeith sells these and they work well. www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2140061

It got one, a good brake light upgrade. Highly recommend, well designed.

Bug On, Brightly!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
kangaboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

I had to put one of those kits on after I got my front disc conversion. Having the discs I wasn't applying as much pressure to the pedal, and the lights weren't coming on right away with the stock pressure switches. Got a kit as mentioned above and it works the second I press my pedal. I also installed LED brake lights to lighten the load on the micro switch.
Great upgrade.
Also, the micro switch can be wired in series with the original switches, so if one fails, you will still have brake lights.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

that fucking thing looks like it drove through a J.C. Whitney catalogue and hit everything on the way out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

clbarton91 wrote:
Has anyone had any luck finding an instant brake light switch? My switches don’t seem to wanna work without a ton of pressure on the pedal.

Have you tried a pair of good-quality switches, and then bleed the brake system?
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

kangaboy wrote:
Also, the micro switch can be wired in series with the original switches, so if one fails, you will still have brake lights.

parallel, actually.
GearHeadKeith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Instant electronic brake light switch Reply with quote

Fiddlestyx wrote:

Fiddlestyx, thanks for the kind words about my kit. I just launched my own website to make it easier to order this kit: www.aircooledevolution.com/products

Thanks!
SSC trans with 3.78/2.25/1.48/1.04 & 4.12 Gleason R&P, Type IV output flanges, Berg Shifter
Topline front struts/springs/sway bar, Sway-a-Way rear bar, 4-wheel disc brakes
Owned since 1994: 3rd owner since new!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: