Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ranger9643 - [email protected] - Nelson G
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ranger9643
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 09, 2023
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: ranger9643 - [email protected] - Nelson G Reply with quote

On August 5th I came across this ad:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2195738

I sent an inquiry asking "Any idea of shipping costs in these? Do you know the Cc? Any cracks or issues? "

On the same day I received a response back with $50 shipping costs and confirming: "55cc never installed". I paypaled the money and received a shipping notification the next day.

On August 8th, I received the heads and upon inspection I noticed some issues around the spark plug holes. I immediately sent an email asking about them saying I hadn't seen this before. It looked like someone had stuffed the area under the spark plug holes with putty, but looking closer realized that both heads had been welded. Considering these were sold as being never used, this didn't seem likely. I then did some checking for fitment and couldn't get the 90.5/92 cylinders to slide in. They would go maybe a quarter of an inch in and become stuck very quickly. I grabbed a pair of digital calipers and measured all the openings. They came to 97.5mm and according to some references here, should have been 98mm which explained why the cylinders wouldn't fit.

I then looked closely at the combustion chambers and realized that the step had been milled out of the head. I used the CC kit that I had purchased from CB Performance and attempted to CC the heads. The correct disk would not fit so I had to use the smaller one. I performed the CC several times and never came up with more than 43cc chamber size. I double checked a couple of times online to make sure I was definitely doing the procedures correctly and even had a friend come over and double check me. He got the same results. In doing so, my friend also pointed out that the milling to remove the step was aggressive enough that it burned through the head and there was a small hole in the head..

With this information, I requested a return from Nelson and also sent several pics showing the issues as well as offering to record my CCing the heads. His responses were that he had a mechanic check them out for him and that he was told they were new. He never claimed to have ever CC'd the heads himself and claimed the only reason I was returning them was for cosmetic reasons and refused to accept them back.

I filed a Paypal claim on August 9th after Nelson refused to acknowledge any issues or accept a return. On August 18th, I received confirmation from Paypal that they were supporting my claim and authorized me to return the heads for a refund.

To date, Nelson has refused to admit there were known issues with the heads and still refuses to concede that they are junk heads that he tried to slip one past someone. He even went as far as to email me pictures of $1000 heads that he claimed somehow proved that the heads he sent me were 55cc heads with no issues? He went on to insult me saying I had no idea what I was doing.

Be very leery of dealing with this individual.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

These two pictures show the issues around the spark plug holes.

hole in head from aggressive milling

Step removed.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: ranger9643 - [email protected] - Nelson G Reply with quote

I was able to get my money back via a Paypal dispute, but Nelson fought it to the end. I'm still out shipping costs back to this complete piece of shit, but at least I got the money for the heads back. Do not do business with Nelson Gomez unless you want to purchase crap parts from someone that will lie about their condition and then claim you're a dumbass and that you don't know what youre talking about.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: