Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Hi, everybody.
Let my introduce myself and our van
We have moved just three weeks ago from Spain to Denver and we'd taken our van with us.
Our first test here in the US was a road trip from Baltimore to Denver crossing the country by secondary roads. Now we are exploring Denver and around...
We have a lot of plans for this year and we would like to share our adventures with you in this community and learn about how to travel and enjoy with the van here.
See you on the road!
Manu aka Furgoman_u
Some pis of our recent trip.
Pdta: I'm sorry about my poor english. I'm trying to improve it. Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Welcome, and may you continue to enjoy your journeys here! Very nice that you were able to get the van imported here for the year. I'm trying to not be envious of you having a syncro T4 here in the States!

Do keep us posted on your explorations!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

IdeaNerd wrote:
Welcome, and may you continue to enjoy your journeys here! Very nice that you were able to get the van imported here for the year. I'm trying to not be envious of you having a syncro T4 here in the States!

Do keep us posted on your explorations!

Hi, Ideanerd.
Thanks for your answer.
The Eurovan Syncro is a real swissknife and we love it!!!
Now we are looking for upgrade the suspension. After the shipment we had thought to install the Seikel Kit but due to time constraints we couldn't do it.
Right here it seems very difficult to find the Seikel kit...
I found the lift kit of Cave Van and we are valuing this option...
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Your van looks great and very glad to hear you are enjoying your time!

The CaveVan lift worked very well for me, and many other here too from what I have seen.

Keep us updated on your trip!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Furgoman_u wrote:

Hi, Ideanerd.
Thanks for your answer.
The Eurovan Syncro is a real swissknife and we love it!!!
Now we are looking for upgrade the suspension. After the shipment we had thought to install the Seikel Kit but due to time constraints we couldn't do it.
Right here it seems very difficult to find the Seikel kit...
I found the lift kit of Cave Van and we are valuing this option...

Lovely! CaveVan lift works fine. Their shop is in Castle Pines just south of Denver, they will install the rear spacers and adjust the front torsion bars up for you.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
saintjobe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Hi there, my family has a 2002 T4 and we live in Denver! (Centennial actually) I have done the spacer lift and level (with Bilstein shock upgrade) along with a handful of other upgrades to our EVC.

Also, my wife went to grad school at ESADE in Barcelona and I have been lucky enough to travel there once. It was an incredible trip. My wife loves everything about Spain and really enjoys speaking Spanish. (Although she is admittedly rusty since she doesn't get to speak it daily here)

Also, we are planning to do some international travel with our van in the coming years. We are both teachers and we plan to take our family abroad to teach in international schools.

We would love to invite you over for dinner sometime. I'd love to see your syncro and I'd be happy to show you the lift kit I installed. We'd also love to talk about shipping vans around the globe and just welcome you to Denver. I'll private message you my contact information and if your interested just shoot me a text.

Welcome
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Thanks so much to VAEV1993, Broseph Stalin and saintjobe for your message. I appreciate a lot your help and your warm welcome.
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Hi, everybody!
Bad news: Last night somebody had tried to rob us the van. We have a Bullock Anti-theft and they couldn't. So They took few non importants things (iphone cable charger, etc...) and they leave the doors opened. We are scared and worried. Perhaps we must add some Thule van lock, or an alarm system.
What do you think or suggest to us?

We have another problem... We need to refill our propane canister but I don find where. I add some pics. Do you know where could I go for refilling?
Thanks in advance!

saintjobe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that your van was broken into! I had a car stolen many years ago and it was definitely a bad experience. Also, it's not a very nice welcome to the US!

As far as your propane tank, I'm not sure if the one you have meets US laws to be filled. I admit that I am not sure about this, but I have never seen one that looks like yours where it is just an open ball valve on the top. Most of the ones in the US have a hand screw valve on the top of them. And the van mounted ones on the EVC have a similar female fitting that propane places screw a long male fitting into.

Lots of places fill tanks, Ace Hardware stores usually do... You may just need to take it in and see if they will fill it. I had an issue with my tank, which I ended up replacing, but I dealt with AAA Propane (7405 W. 44th Ave. Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Phone: (303)425-7623). If you can't get it done at a normal ace hardware or RV service place, I'd try there as a last resort.

I hope I am wrong and it is easy to fill. Good luck!
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Lovely van. And diesel too.
Cool.
Lucky no one was hurt in your robbery or anything was damaged or very valuable stuff taken.
Looking forward to your updates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Furgoman_u wrote:
We need to refill our propane canister but I don find where. I add some pics.

Been to the states many times and you can totally forget campingaz equipment support on there.

Best to do as advised is to buy an easy to find american replacement.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Please accept apologies on behalf of my country. We're a bunch of idiots sometimes.

My Vanagon has an aftermarket remote locking system that includes a flashing blue light on top of the dash when it's locked. I haven't bothered adding the alarm since the light implies it's existence.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Thanks so much to saintjobe, SplitBusVanatic, perello and Zeitgeist 13 for your words.
We have suffered an attempt of theft in Spain too two times. Unfortunately It is the same story everywhere.

Well... Yesterday I went to meet Cavevan. I follow them by instagram, facebook and I have learnt some very interesting tricks reading Cole's post (like the Sony XAV AX100 for example).

So, I'd been wanting to meet Cole for a long time and right now that we have begun to have problems with the shifter lever of the van (very common on vans with the years and the kilometers of SyncroHulk) it was the moment.

I want to say that I'm still amazed with the kindness and sympathy of Cole and his team. SyncroHulk is in good hands.

Thanks so much, Cole!!!

Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Hi, everybody.
Here is the SyncroHulk lifting 1.0 thanks to Cavevan 1.5 liftkit
In a few months we will install a new set of BF Goodrich AT TA KO2 215/70R16
I hope you like it. Smile
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

A question on your spare tire swing out. I know that is the factory swing out for the syncro. My question is if it uses the same factory location that the hinges for rear barn doors would mount. Also, if you could add a picture of the hinges with the rear open that would be great.
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Joshwa wrote:
A question on your spare tire swing out. I know that is the factory swing out for the syncro. My question is if it uses the same factory location that the hinges for rear barn doors would mount. Also, if you could add a picture of the hinges with the rear open that would be great.

Hi, Joshwa
The spare tire swing was an extra when you buy the van. Mine is second hand and it has not this extra. So we had to find one on the secondhand market. It was so dificult and expensive to find one. Then you have a lot of work to install it, because it need some special parts, to cut a hole, weld some parts, etc... No, it doesn't use the hinges for rear barn doors.

Here you have a link to T4 wiki with information:

https://www.t4-wiki.de/wiki/Reserveradtr%C3%A4ger_(Syncro)

Hope it helps!!!
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Thank you. That’s a pretty involved add on.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Furgoman_u wrote:
Hi, everybody.
Here is the SyncroHulk lifting 1.0 thanks to Cavevan 1.5 liftkit
In a few months we will install a new set of BF Goodrich AT TA KO2 215/70R16
I hope you like it. Smile

Like it! For Colorado, lifting is a good idea. Not only for exploring, but when you get those 18"-24"-30" snowstorms.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
Furgoman_u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

Hi, everybody!
I'm looking for the rear door inside panel cover or "hatch door carpet". I think it is the reference 7D0867601D

I f anybody knows where I could find one at a good price, I appreciate the help.
Meanwhile, I'm enjoying exploring amazing colourful Colorado State with the van and the bike. See you on the trails!
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: SyncroHulk: VW Eurovan /T4 California Syncro from Spain Reply with quote

I would think that Cole at Cavevan would have that. You could use a 93 version and get the inside unlock handle as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: