Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Birth Certificate Fraud
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

I tried to order a new birth certificate online a week ago but the transaction never went thru. I tried a different website to order a BC and used a different credit card and I was successful in ordering a new BC. I tried tonight to use the original credit card at a restaurant and the card was blocked. Here the CC company locked my card because my original attempt to get a new BC was thru a fraudulent company in Spain. Anyone looking to get a new BC must do their homework on whatever website they will be using for a new BC. Unfortunately I'm not positive which site was tagged as fraudulent, but I think it was called "Express Vitals".
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

For a VW?
There is only one site as far as I know.
Ordering is detailed here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398

To the best of my knowledge they are refusing all requests at the moment.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
For a VW?

No, for a personal BC.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

I wouldn't order from any place except directly from the state website. Anywhere else you go is going to lead to trouble. For instance, if you want one from California, go here:
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/Vital-...cords.aspx

I use California for an example because that's where i was born. You can order in one of two different ways; an informational copy or an authorized copy. An authorized copy requires a notarized form.

If you ordered from an online company, good luck.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

I can think of only one more example that could be more dangerous than using an out of state, non sanctioned site to buy a BC: buying a duplicate Social Security card.

Please, oh please tell me you cancelled that card..

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
EverettB wrote:
For a VW?

No, for a personal BC.

LOL, I should have thought of that since it was in Off Topic.
You probably should have continued your original thread...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I can think of only one more example that could be more dangerous than using an out of state, non sanctioned site to buy a BC: buying a duplicate Social Security card.

I remember the ads from some 1970's magazines where you could buy yourself a metal Social Security card. I always wanted one, but never wanted to spend my money on it. A quick search on the interwebs shows that you can still get one. I don't know what kind of moron would give out the SSN to some random place on-line, but there must be some of them out there.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

hitest wrote:

They froze the card because the BC company was fraudulent. I couldn't use it until I called them and we went over everything. Once they explained the situation they "unfroze" it so now it's good to go.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
I wouldn't order from any place except directly from the state website. Anywhere else you go is going to lead to trouble. For instance, if you want one from California, go here:

I use California for an example because that's where i was born. You can order in one of two different ways; an informational copy or an authorized copy. An authorized copy requires a notarized form.

I went on the PA state website and they said they only deal with 1 company to issue BCs, so they added a link to send me there. Said I should get it in 60-90 business days. Wait and see I guess. The cost was $30. The fraudulent one charged $49.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate Fraud Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
notchback wrote:

I went on the PA state website and they said they only deal with 1 company to issue BCs, so they added a link to send me there. Said I should get it in 60-90 business days. Wait and see I guess. The cost was $30. The fraudulent one charged $49.

You could have saved some money by using the form on the Penn Dept of Heath site. Print it out, fill it in and send $20.
https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Documents/Certifi...ficate.pdf

FU#3
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: