Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early Berg manifolds
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

I have this single Berg manifold that I've held on to for a while. My next build is going to be a 70s themed Cal looker. Wondering if anyone has info on these. They're the Berg VIP manifolds. Strange thing to me is the Reno, nv piece and the stamping. Does anyone have a timeframe this may of come from, or any history on these. Probably not super rare, but I'd love to find a matching left manifold for the build. Thanks!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

Here is the other pic with the Reno stamping...thanks for the help.
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

Possible Gene Berg 580 manifolds for Solex 40 P-II. The examples I've seen have the number 580 on them. Link to Gene Berg: http://www.geneberg.com/product_info.php?products_id=993

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottf1887
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

That's kind of what I was thinking but the measurements and stampings don't quite match. They work with my dellortos bolt pattern and they have some funky cast marks
joe h.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

That looks like Renton Wash to me. That is where he had his first shop.
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

yes those are just the regular early berg manifolds from when he was up here in Washington

Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

The manifolds for the 40 P LL carbs have dual bolt patterns drilled in them for Weber and Solex. At least mine do.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Berg manifolds Reply with quote

If you look in the Book "How To HOTROD Volkswagen Engines" by Bill Fisher, on page 36 down in the left corner of the page. It shows a Weber 38DCNL carb on a early Gene Berg Manifold. The letters VIP are seen clearly under base of carbs.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: