Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

distributor shaft location
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: distributor shaft location Reply with quote

Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t the gears be eating each other alive if the depth of the pinion changes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
goomfletch1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: distributor shaft location Reply with quote

Turd Furgusson wrote:
I was having the same issues...I ended up shimming my drive gear till it was about 44.6... I’ve since drove close to 500miles (some high speed highway miles) and it still checks out at 44.6...my old shims were bent and had sharp edges, maybe the reason I was having issues, not sure. I replaced them with brand new shims that fit together nicely. I’ll keep you posted as I click more miles

I think i need to do the same , how much did you have to shim it?
goomfletch1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: distributor shaft location Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t the gears be eating each other alive if the depth of the pinion changes?

yes and the bronze one lost .....its going to need replaced
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: