Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mystery Overland Seats
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jstein1210
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Mystery Overland Seats Reply with quote

I’ve got these seats that have been in my ‘57 bug since I got it in 2000. They are on stock vw seat tracks. I have looked everywhere and not seen another pair like them. The driver’s seatback broke and after taking it out to fix, I found a tag (attached photo) underneath.
It says “Overland” and “Fore Runner seat” on the tag, but my google searches have turned up nada. Too many other similar matches.,does anybody have any info on these guys? Thanks!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery Overland Seats Reply with quote

The "ZVW" tells you that it was a VoA-approved accessory sold through U.S. dealers, possibly as part of the "Formula Vee" product line.

The wide, integrated headrests on 1968-69 VWs were hated by a lot of customers and these Fore Runner seats were likely offered as an alternative.

Garwood does not list these seats in his comprehensive accessory listing for 1971, so I suspect they were discontinued by that time.
Jstein1210
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Overland Seats Reply with quote

Thanks for the bit of info! I like the seats for the reason you stated, they aren’t as clunky looking as any of the high backed stock seats. If only I’d known to ask more questions when I bought the car!
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery Overland Seats Reply with quote

I just bought a pair of these at a swap meet. Much more comfortable than the stock seats. They need a bit of love, but I think that will be easier than trying to adapt seats from some other brand of car. If anyone has any info on the manufacturer, it would be great to know more about them
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: