Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

just bought a seized 356SC engine. Want to talk about it?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: just bought a seized 356SC engine. Want to talk about it? Reply with quote

Danwvw wrote:
I have the Harry Pella"Pellow" tapes if you have a VCR and a lot of time to watch them.

Looks really good this fellow has some parts for them: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2045571
Don't give up there are parts to be had last time I rebuilt a 356 Engine the Main bearings were still like Just $60 but that was in the 80's I think. Check everything especially piston to head clearance and if you run the big bore kit there probably will be about a .100 cylinder shim required, At least on the 356A engines with the NPR cylinders. I forgot mine.
blackmoontravelcompany
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: just bought a seized 356SC engine. Want to talk about it? Reply with quote

tisius wrote:
So did you start on the engine?

Actually, the engine is in my shop now, and being converted to fit a 912.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: just bought a seized 356SC engine. Want to talk about it? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello all.Say read this post and thought I would piggyback off it.I have a 356 engine numbered,P *605529*.Numbers on top of engine are 25/25 ,47923/61671.Here goes I want to put pistons rings on it,It has the 4 ring piston. And came with no rings on it.So I have located a set.Problem is is finding pictures/diagram ,to locate how the rings are placed. I am also wanting to rebuild it.I have not split the case,it rotates,but after 3 turns it locks up.So any clues?Thx,all Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: