Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wheel offset = suspension wear question
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Wheel offset = suspension wear question Reply with quote

Full disclosure: this doesn't pertain to my van but I trust you folks more than other sources. And it may help someone here too.

I'm looking for different wheels for my daily driver and the ones I'm interested in have offsets that are 50 mm rather than the 15 mm OEM (new wheels would put the wheel outboard by 45 mm).

Is this enough to worry about damaging bearings or other suspension components?

I want to run smaller diameter rims on my Subaru so I can put light truck tires on it for driving forest service roads.

Thanks
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel offset = suspension wear question Reply with quote

ET50 will move the wheels inboard (not outboard) 35mm compared to an ET15 wheel. There may not be enough clearance to move the wheels inboard that much. I'm not familiar with the car so I can't say for sure.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: