Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

My set was installed last tuesday and I noticed a mild improvement right away. A much smoother idle and a slightly more noticeable oomph going up a long incline that I take going to work. At a cold start-up, the motor would go up to 1800rpm and then drop below 1000 and want to stall if I didn't tap the gas pedal to keep it above 1000. Now when I turn the key, it goes to 1500rpm and then back down to 1000 and stays there without touching the pedal. Still need to drive it around a bit more, but so far I'm happy with this purchase.
Aryana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Installed two sets of these on mine and a friends van yesterday. Another couple of happy customers.

Thanks Marco.
Aryana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

After going through 2 full tanks in the past week with these EV14 injectors, it’s clear that there is at least a 1-2 MPG increase over the EV1 OE ones.

These injectors are going to pay for themselves Marco!
SSWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

My buddy and I bought two sets during the Black Friday sale. We just installed them today. He has an 91 auto westy and I have an 89 manual westy. Our injectors were believed to be originals. On our first test drives we both noticed a smoother idle and smoother acceleration. To me it seems like my westy revs a little quicker getting to 3,000 rpms. I have 1.25 ratio rockers, polished head ports and a gowesty SS exhaust.

I'll update when we get some mileage figures.

On a side note my buddy had a local mechanic change out his fuel lines awhile back however the guy didn't change the short hoses from the injectors to the fuel rail. Those were well aged and cracking internally. This is precisely why I try to do most of my own work.
ron3865
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I went through all 7 pages of this post and I didn't see any comment of the injectors effect on Calif. smog checks. I have a 2.4 GW motor with 76000 miles on the rebuild and rebuilt stock injectors.
The van barely passed the NO portion of the test. I realize there are multiple factors affecting NO but would your injector, with a more efficient spray pattern have any affect on a smog check?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

ron3865 wrote:
I went through all 7 pages of this post and I didn't see any comment of the injectors effect on Calif. smog checks. I have a 2.4 GW motor with 76000 miles on the rebuild and rebuilt stock injectors.
The van barely passed the NO portion of the test. I realize there are multiple factors affecting NO but would your injector, with a more efficient spray pattern have any affect on a smog check?

High NO numbers are mainly due to a lean condition with chamber temperatures at or exeding 2500f, Ive seen this often with runing the stock system on the 2.4GW, its at maximum capacity of the system,
my Injectors will definitely help with chamber temperatures as the fuel and air mixture is better distributed within the chamber reducing hot spots/lean areas,
I would also replace your lambda and check the condition/age of your catalytic converter as with age theses go bad causing havoc with emissions.

If you try a set of my injectors and they dont help your NO numbers out or you dont like them you can always return them.👍🏼 Ive sold to quite a few of injector set to 2.4GW owners and they have reported a better running engine.
Thanks
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Aryana wrote:
After going through 2 full tanks in the past week with these EV14 injectors, it’s clear that there is at least a 1-2 MPG increase over the EV1 OE ones.

These injectors are going to pay for themselves Marco!

Thats great news!!
Happy waterboxing👍🏼
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

ron3865 wrote:

My van runs clean as a whistle with Marco's injectors. Not sure the numbers were any better than with my rebuilt stock units though. Just not worse. I recently had a annoying high NO reading on my 1.8 8V mk2.. ended up being the o2 sensor. Interestingly enough my AFR readings were great, but the O2 was biasing on the lean side when observing its operating voltage. FWIW.

J
SSWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Finally got through a tank of gas. Still running smooth and so far the mileage looks to be the same or maybe a .5 mpg improvement. I am a fan of using Chevron gas now and then in addition to running a bottle of techron through the tank about once a year. Not sure if that kept my old injectors performing well which in turn minimizes the gains with new injectors. I am eager to do a road trip so I can get a sense for the highway mileage.
SurfaceRust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Great injectors, much smoother and better idle. Feels like it has some more low end power
Be careful when removing the old injectors bracket. It’s not so much fun when the head of the bolt breaks in the intake manifold...on both sides
I had to remove the intake manifolds to try to use an easy out. I ultimately ended up buying new used intake manifolds, cleaning them out as best I could, painting them and installing. I unknowingly purchased the smaller diameter intake (I think older used 19mm and mine was 21 mm). It still worked with the plenum to intake manifold boots and hose clamps.
Regardless the van runs much better with these injectors
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

SurfaceRust wrote:
...It’s not so much fun when the head of the bolt breaks in the intake manifold...on both sides. I had to remove the intake manifolds to try to use an easy out. I ultimately ended up buying new used intake manifolds...

Sounds like your injectors had not been serviced in a very long time.

I expect the product is good but I do wonder how much of the perceived improvement is due to replacing old dirty injectors with new injectors.

Not trying to be a naysayer but also not seeing any control in these comparisons.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

+1

Ahwahnee wrote:
SurfaceRust wrote:
...It’s not so much fun when the head of the bolt breaks in the intake manifold...on both sides. I had to remove the intake manifolds to try to use an easy out. I ultimately ended up buying new used intake manifolds...

I expect the product is good but I do wonder how much of the perceived improvement is due to replacing old dirty injectors with new injectors.

Not trying to be a naysayer but also not seeing any control in these comparisons.

a2wolfsburggli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I installed a set of Marco's injectors about a month and a half ago now. I've done some daily driving and one 300+ mile weekend camping trip.

When I bought the van in Oct, I had a hesitation issue. The suspect was a bad / clogged injector or a bad injector seal. So I don't have any before comparison. But, for the price of these vs GoWesty's and others I couldn't go wrong.

I can say that with the injectors (and new fuel lines,) the van runs phenomenal. Smooth, nice mid range and I was even able to pass a slow driver on a 55mph state hwy! (ahhh...the small pleasures.)

Super happy.

Past: '09 CC 3.6L 4motion "R36 wannabe" | '02 Audi TT "ALMS Edition" | '84 Jetta GLI with Autotech Supercharger | '89 Helios Jetta GLI 16v's (x2) | '95.5 URS6 | and the list goes on.

Never underestimate the entertainment value of OCD overruling Common Sense

Last edited by a2wolfsburggli on Tue May 14, 2019 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

+3

the plural of anecdote is not evidence.

Syncronoid wrote:
+1

Ahwahnee wrote:
SurfaceRust wrote:

BiWerks Design, LLC
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

For what its worth, I replaced my 3 year old, 12k mile aftermarket injectors (oriely's) with marcos and noticed a worthy difference.
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I also have been running these for many months now. The injectors they replaced were OE VW, recently cleaned and serviced professionally. I have run OE dirty, OE clean, and Sorenson brand new.

The engine runs better and smoother with these injectors. Idle is smoother and steadier, and off idle throttle response is better.

I cannot say with confidence that there is any more power. Gas mileage so far is similar. The anecdotal evidence is piling up that the WBX runs very smoothly and well with these injectors.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

My set is on the way. I would sincerely like to know what would be the Acceptable Method of Comparison for those sticklers out there. One thing I DON'T want to do is to come and say "they are great" and have folks here say "ya, but (dot dot dot)"

I've got a general sense that the injectors I have now are fine, but of course I have had them in since 2015, when I let them soak in carb cleaner while I had my engine dismantled for the head reseal. So, they certainly are not New, and I didn't send them out. However, I can say the engine seems peppy, and I have a 1/4 mile mark from my gravel stop sign at the Highway and I have a very good sense of how the engine runs at full throttle. The truth is that all things equal, the biggest difference I see in 'off the line' times to my 1/4 mi mark are due to air temp and humidity. I've made the run and hit 62 at the fastest, and 58 as a general "that sucked" run. [Mostly I don't push it like that every time tho, just when there is inbound traffic]

I will certainly have enough info for myself after a few dozen runs with a variety of temps and humidity.

-bobby
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Brand new or newly reconditioned injectors in hand vs. new Marco's injectors in hand. Same van tested with each.

bobbyblack wrote:
My set is on the way. I would sincerely like to know what would be the Acceptable Method of Comparison for those sticklers out there. One thing I DON'T want to do is to come and say "they are great" and have folks here say "ya, but (dot dot dot)"

I've got a general sense that the injectors I have now are fine, but of course I have had them in since 2015, when I let them soak in carb cleaner while I had my engine dismantled for the head reseal. So, they certainly are not New, and I didn't send them out. However, I can say the engine seems peppy, and I have a 1/4 mile mark from my gravel stop sign at the Highway and I have a very good sense of how the engine runs at full throttle. The truth is that all things equal, the biggest difference I see in 'off the line' times to my 1/4 mi mark are due to air temp and humidity. I've made the run and hit 62 at the fastest, and 58 as a general "that sucked" run. [Mostly I don't push it like that every time tho, just when there is inbound traffic]

I will certainly have enough info for myself after a few dozen runs with a variety of temps and humidity.

-bobby

SurfaceRust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

dabaron wrote:
+3

the plural of anecdote is not evidence.

Syncronoid wrote:
+1

Ahwahnee wrote:
SurfaceRust wrote:

Yeah the intent of my post was not to say these injectors are far better than any others. The ones I took out, I suspect have not been serviced in a long time. This particular Westy is still new to me, so I’m going through and making it more reliable. I’m sure if I put in other injectors or even cleaned mine, I would see a remarkable improvement. I decided to go with these based on others reviews. Doesn’t make financial sense to me to purchase other injectors or have mine cleaned, try them out, then install these and compare. Point of my story is I’m happy with the results I’ve experienced from changing from my old crusty injectors to these
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Syncronoid wrote:
Brand new or newly reconditioned injectors in hand vs. new Marco's injectors in hand. Same van tested with each.

Well, the Marco Injectors are here. I do not have Brand new, or newly reconditioned. I could be prodded into a test if anyone wants to send me such injectors, but I don't have much further interest in getting my old ones reconditioned just now. I could wait a week or 3 if anyone actually wants this kind of granularity.

-bobby
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: