Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

So after a number of years testing a variety of injector configurations specifically designed to run on the STOCK Digijet and Digifant ECUs, My Mulitjet High performance Injector is ready to go to market.
This is a standard Body direct bolt in EV1 injector but with the latest EV14 multi spray jet nozzles. Balanced and flowed to 1%
Ive measured 4hp/4ftlb gain in the Mid range!!, smother idle, better starting and faster throttle response all with the stock ecu just by swaping in my new injectors,
No changes to the ECU needed
Comes with everything for a direct bolt in.
I know alot of people that are going to snap these up.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by marcotheturbosteamengine on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Perhaps Samba rules or modesty prevent Marco from providing a direct link but I think I can:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2209878
SSWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I could use some fuel injector education to better understand the value of these. Does the multi spray jet nozzle come with a risk of clogging up easier than the stock injector? Also will they increase or decrease MPG? I am not sure if I should be thinking about these as burning more fuel thus lower MPG or burning less fuel because of a more effective spray pattern.

Comments?
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Ahwahnee wrote:
Perhaps Samba rules or modesty prevent Marco from providing a direct link but I think I can:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2209878

Thanks😃👍🏼
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I've got a couple hundred miles and two weeks on my set of these Injectors. I'm very pleased. They deliver on Marco's description above.
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

SSWesty wrote:
I could use some fuel injector education to better understand the value of these. Does the multi spray jet nozzle come with a risk of clogging up easier than the stock injector? Also will they increase or decrease MPG? I am not sure if I should be thinking about these as burning more fuel thus lower MPG or burning less fuel because of a more effective spray pattern.

Comments?

Yes, its a much better spray pattern and finer fuel droplets Its really 3-4hp in the midrange, much nicer idle and throttle response, engine combustion is more efficient that leads to an increase in economy, all measured on a dynojet and real life testing
The spray pattern is far superior than the stock EV1’s, you will see the engine starts better, idles better, torque is increased in the midrange at full throttle, as well as throttle tip-in and revs cleaner and faster. Really all due to the modern ev14 nozzles, these injectors have stainless internals so will last longer than the stock injectors. 1-3mpg increase if driven normally.
The finer spray pattern dose not lead to a greater chance of clogging.
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
I've got a couple hundred miles and two weeks on my set of these Injectors. I'm very pleased. They deliver on Marco's description above.

Thanks Steve, glad you like them👍🏼
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Have these injectors been installed on a van with the new GW EFI system since it has a different ECU?
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Is this a limited production? I'm thinking of buying, but it might be a while.
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Verrrrry interesting....

having experienced a performance bump going from disc type injectors back to the OEM pintle style, i can believe another bump from even better ones.

may i ask a tactless question? are these an off-the-shelf solution you found or did you somehow have these tooled up just for your application? either way, your price is reasonable for new injectors!

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

mtnride1 wrote:
Have these injectors been installed on a van with the new GW EFI system since it has a different ECU?

Not that I know of.
They have been fitted to a GW2.5 engine with the same great results.
They should be compatible just as the stock injectors are.
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
Is this a limited production? I'm thinking of buying, but it might be a while.

If the orders keep coming I’ll continue getting them made, but I think they will be available for a while.
Thanks
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

DanHoug wrote:
Verrrrry interesting....

having experienced a performance bump going from disc type injectors back to the OEM pintle style, i can believe another bump from even better ones.

may i ask a tactless question? are these an off-the-shelf solution you found or did you somehow have these tooled up just for your application? either way, your price is reasonable for new injectors!

These are specialy made for me, They are a very unique injector, due to the fact that they use stock body with new modern stainless internal parts and ev14 spray nozzles.
I will guarantee thay will make an improvement over stock pintle injectors.
SSWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Couple more questions, are these made from all new parts or do they have some used parts involved to build these? Are these individually pressure tested for leaks? The reason I ask is Van-Cafe came out with the fuel rails a while back and they found some that leaked. I think there was a manufacturing issue that caused some to leak so they started pressure testing the rails to make sure they were good before they were shipped. Wonder what quality control steps are built into the manufacturing process for these.

I was thinking about getting my existing injectors cleaned and rebuilt but this seems to offer better economics given the performance bump. If these give me a 1 mpg bump in economy they will pay for themselves in 22,882 miles at my current fuel prices. This would be one of the few upgrades that could actually save money!
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

SSWesty wrote:
Couple more questions, are these made from all new parts or do they have some used parts involved to build these? Are these individually pressure tested for leaks? The reason I ask is Van-Cafe came out with the fuel rails a while back and they found some that leaked. I think there was a manufacturing issue that caused some to leak so they started pressure testing the rails to make sure they were good before they were shipped. Wonder what quality control steps are built into the manufacturing process for these.

I was thinking about getting my existing injectors cleaned and rebuilt but this seems to offer better economics given the performance bump. If these give me a 1 mpg bump in economy they will pay for themselves in 22,882 miles at my current fuel prices. This would be one of the few upgrades that could actually save money!

There is no quality control issues, each injector set is tested and flow matched to 1%, Im now going to give a 2 year warranty on all sets that have already been sold and for new customers. I stand by my products 110%. There are very few bolt-on upgrades for the waterboxer that actually work, I have been working on these for years now. This is as good as its going to get as far as Injector upgrades.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Not to get off topic here, but can you go back to your WBX turbo thread and give us an update pleeeeeease?
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

PM sent to you, Marco..
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Bravo, Marco! Very impressive to see genuinely effective products like this evolve the efficiency of our beloved Wasserboxer engine. Keep up the good work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I sent you a PM on this but will also ask the question here in case anyone else is wondering.

Will these injectors be available on your turbo/FI kit or will another style need to be purchased? I dont want to buy something twice

Thanks

Jason
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alluvial Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Any chance you can post the dyno graphs? Curious to see.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: