Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Just a tiny tip on what I found; the gold injectors do a tad better with the voltage they're expecting, which is more than the stock Alternator puts out. 240turbo.com has a voltage regulator for us though! I got the variable unit. LOVE it. So inexpensive, and totally easy to install.

(No affiliation, just a fanboy)

-bobby

Hey Bobby! I have just a stock alternator with these gold injectors. Did you get the external unit?

https://www.240turbo.com/AdjustableVoltage.html#external
dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Just a tiny tip on what I found; the gold injectors do a tad better with the voltage they're expecting, which is more than the stock Alternator puts out. 240turbo.com has a voltage regulator for us though! I got the variable unit. LOVE it. So inexpensive, and totally easy to install.

(No affiliation, just a fanboy)

-bobby

I found the product page on their website, which one did you install?
https://www.240turbo.com/AdjustableVoltage.html#vw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

Hey Bobby! I have just a stock alternator with these gold injectors. Did you get the external unit?

https://www.240turbo.com/AdjustableVoltage.html#external

The Variable unit, fiddled with it a bit. I put the adjuster part behind the PS signal lens.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

dart330 wrote:

I found the product page on their website, which one did you install?

I know Dave Barton has a couple different ones that can fit. I didn't make a specific request for the type, and he sent the usual sized variable model. I got the standard length of wire, but thinking it over, it would be better to have the variable component in the cab somewhere, perhaps a longer cable setup would be something to consider.

All I did was to include a note of what I was putting his Variable unit in, and he sent the right one.
T3 Pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

The correct adjustable regulator for the stock 90 amp Bosch alternator is the 28 mm internal model. There is a tiny screw on the face of the regulator for making adjustments.

The most important part in every vehicle is the nut behind the wheel......
OlRivrRat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Bobby

What is the Voltage that You have found that these injectors are

Happiest with ??

ORR ~ DeanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

OlRivrRat wrote:
Bobby

Happiest with ??

ORR ~ DeanB

14.9 at the Alterator after about 5 minutes since firing up the engine. I've got a couple other locations to look at voltage while underway, so at the dash with a few accessories running, I see a variety of volts. Oh, Cary a handful of spare fuses, as you're going to be replacing some. Just a little consequence I've run across. In my case, seems like the ones I've replaced are due to age.
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
OlRivrRat wrote:
Bobby

Happiest with ??

ORR ~ DeanB

14.9 at the Alterator after about 5 minutes since firing up the engine. I've got a couple other locations to look at voltage while underway, so at the dash with a few accessories running, I see a variety of volts. Oh, Cary a handful of spare fuses, as you're going to be replacing some. Just a little consequence I've run across. In my case, seems like the ones I've replaced are due to age.

I do NOT recommend running A higher voltage regulator higher than 14.1v, any higher and you risk burning out components that were never designed to run at higher voltages.
OlRivrRat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Hey Marco

Thanks a bunch for the info & Quick Response ~
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Yeah...easy there, captain...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wink

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Ya, listen to Marco. I'm mostly delusional. Anyway, I haven't measured voltage in the injector circuit. Whatever the PO did to my beast might not be kosher, or anything seen before or since. I still am finding plenty of his Engineering form time to time. All I know is that I LOVE these injectors. Not sure how to explain 20 mpg doing ~70 and running a/c. Certainly can't explain how I'm running the original engine and trans at 307k miles.
ARMc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

While I certainly don't have the expertise Marco does and respect his advice, and ask for it at times, it is interesting to note that when reading the success reports of vanagon owners on Dave's site using his variable voltage regulator they report encouraging results. One guy says 6 years at 14.5v no problem, another set also at 14.5 is quoted as saying: "IDK, van seems to run really great now. Still absolutely amazed that less than 2 volt increase actually makes an audible and tactile difference in engine operation." I guess dial it up cautiously, and at your own risk! I can hardly resist the promise of improved running and a happier battery for only $36. Possibility of damaging sensitive components? I can find spares Laughing
a2wolfsburggli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I'm also running the variable voltage regulator. I'm running at 14.3 at the battery.

Total respect to Marco and his knowledge. As a second (third, forth etc,) opinion though most information here on TheSamba and other internet reference points say that 14.1-14.5 is the sweet spot for the voltage to run on the Vanagon.

I will very highly indorse the variable regulator as something that seems to just wake up the van a bit. It's not faster, more powerful or anything else. It just straight runs better. (much like Marco's injectors, which I also have.)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=687372

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=363115

Past: '09 CC 3.6L 4motion "R36 wannabe" | '02 Audi TT "ALMS Edition" | '84 Jetta GLI with Autotech Supercharger | '89 Helios Jetta GLI 16v's (x2) | '95.5 URS6 | and the list goes on.

Never underestimate the entertainment value of OCD overruling Common Sense
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Are these still available? The classified ads I’m finding say they’ve been deleted, and wifey just asked me to start working on my Xmas list😏
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

https://mansispeed.com/products/
do.dah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Not to go too far off track here, but, regarding variable vr on Dave Barton' site,, I'm the one who said "audible and tactile difference".
The adjustment on these vr's are very touchy, ever so slight of increase makes a WORLD of difference. Been running about 14.3 for years without a problem. But, my vr is mounted up by the battery, as per Tencentlife, so engine heat isn't affecting vr output. Much more stable that way. And WAY more fun to initially install..
coastdog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Anyone know if these injectors have been installed on any 2.7GW and their EFI?
JEL91Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Marco,
Are you still selling these injectors?

Thanks
Joe
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

https://mansispeed.com/products/

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
JEL91Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Thanks Casey.

I bought new injectors years ago based on a recommendation here somewhere, but convinced myself the price was too good for them to be any good, so I never installed them. Fast forward 5yrs and I am again thinking I should replace what I believe are the original fuel lines (have had the replacement kit for 5yrs). My longtime VW mechanic tells me the hoses look fine, but I keep reading the horror stories so may do it anyway. Now again questioning putting in the cheap aftermarket injectors, or getting these.

Also curious what people are using for the hose clamps? Like everything else there seem to be no shortage of opinions on what is best, so I am hoping for a recommendation from someone who has direct experience with them.

Thanks
Joe
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: