Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MayorMcCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

OEM style
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I used Oetiker clamps and they've held up fine for the 8 or so years they've been in place. But, now that I'm about to replace my injectors, I'm wondering if I should have used OEM clamps in at least a couple places.
JEL91Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Anybody have any experience with these injectors ? I have had them for several years and as I said, am finally getting concerned enough about the fuel lines that i am going to replace them and figured I should replace the original injectors at the same time. Is installing these injectors a bad idea?

Regarding the clamps, my original fuel lines have the Oetiker clamps everywhere except at the injector to fuel rail connection. I was planning to use the clamps I bought with the hose from BD years ago.

Thank you.
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Just a reply. I have Marco's injectors on a stock 2.1L as well as a GoWesty 2450cc and 2700cc both the GW engines running GW's EFI kit and have been very pleased. The 2.1 & 2700cc both have about 9 months and 7-10k miles on them at this point. The 2450cc just hit the road this week.
dirty-pierrot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Hi,
my vanagon got some really bad MPG, around 15, 16.
I spent time checking ignition point, oxygen sensor, temperature sensor, idle contact... and so .... without finding any concern.
I ordered mansispeed injectors and put them yesterday. Can't test on the road yet due to COVID black-out at 7PM in my country.

The injectors were not the same on the left and the right side of the engine.
i found 2 yellows on the left and 2 greens on the rights, maybe it's like on Kickers shoes for kids different color to find which one is the right and the left Very Happy. The o-rings were really in a bad shape, so hopefully it will be an improvement.
I'll keep you updated...
Stay safe

4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

15-16mpg is bad? That sounds about right.
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Yellow and green are actually the same injectors, but sold differently.

Yellow colored ones have both the Bosch number and VW number on them and were sold to VW who installed them on new cars and sold them at dealers.

Green ones bear only the Bosch number and were sold through other Bosch distribution channels.

More details here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=659994

Jim Davis

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirty-pierrot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:

some conversion error from my side from l/100km to MPG, it need around 16 l/100km so it's more 14 to 15 MPG. It's a bit too much.

MPG and L/100km works in reverse, in L/100km the smaller value the better

Last edited by dirty-pierrot on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
dirty-pierrot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

SyncroHead wrote:
Yellow and green are actually the same injectors, but sold differently.

Yellow colored ones have both the Bosch number and VW number on them and were sold to VW who installed them on new cars and sold them at dealers.

Green ones bear only the Bosch number and were sold through other Bosch distribution channels.

More details here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=659994

Jim Davis

Thanks for this information
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

dirty-pierrot wrote:
4Gears4Tires wrote:

some conversion error from my side from l/100km to MPG, it need around 16 l/100km so it's more 14 to 15 MPG. It's a bit too much.

Nothing about this has information we can make any sense out of. Say if you are going 100Km/h, or 120Km/h ... BIG difference. AND, lots of stop and go traffic, or open road for a couple of hours?

Personally, I can get around 14 pushing across South Dakota at 84 MPH. Depends on time of year, really. Colder == worse.
SSWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I believe dirty-pierrot is using a normal standard for measuring mileage which is liters used per 100 kilometers. Looks like the usage is 16 liters per 100km or about 14.7 miles per gallon. Not so bad for city driving but not so good for highway driving.

Dirty-pierrot let us know if you feel like the motor revs stronger around 2,000rpms. I am curious where you will feel an increase in power.
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

SSWesty wrote:
r about 14.7 miles per gallon. Not so bad for city driving but not so good for highway driving.

Unless he has an automatic trans, in which case that's the same as I get and what I believe was the factory mileage estimate.
dirty-pierrot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

It's a 2.1 95HP, I put on it a manual 5 speed gearbox code 3H, it come from a diesel van, there was originally a manual 4 speed ACW transmission, final ratio are almost the same between both. I did a lot of small travel, mountain road, some city driving also, I'm really soft on the throttle but it could be the main cause of this low MPG... anyway I'm looking forward to test those news injectors. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for your time.

Pierre
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Good luck but I think any increases in mpg will be purely placebo effect. Laughing
dirty-pierrot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Long drive today 450km with 50liters that’s 11l/100km = 21mpg.
The journey used highway and interstate at 90km/h average speed = 55 mph
I confirm the feeling that Mansispeed injectors gives more torque from 2000rpm to 3000rpm.

On interstate, speed was at 100km/h 60mph on 5th at 3600 rpm, i pushed it to 75 for a short Time but it’s was noisy and mpg will decrease at this speed, so 60 is a good compromise.

I would say that there’s 2 kind of vanagon drivers, those who use mansispeed injectors and those who are wrong. Laughing

Regards
VanWagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

I just replaced fuel lines and when pulling the injectors, one of them looks rather destroyed. Are these the ones to get for a stock 2.1L water cooled or should I be looking at something else like the Go Westy set?
https://mansispeed.com/products/

Other options
https://www.gowesty.com/product/made-in-usa/24007/gowesty-fuel-injector-bundle-
https://vancafe.com/new-aftermarket-fuel-injector-set/
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

[quote="VanWagon"]I just replaced fuel lines and when pulling the injectors, one of them looks rather destroyed. Are these the ones to get for a stock 2.1L water cooled or should I be looking at something else like the Go Westy set?
https://mansispeed.com/products/

I have them instock ready to ship, they work great on the stock 2.1, 🤙🏼
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

An injector that looks destroyed is more likely to do with a burnt valve or such problem. Nearly for sure not a problem caused by an injector, and as such, the wrong target of your frustration, or quandary.

As for these injectors, I'd buy another set without hesitation, as they have provided me with much satisfaction over the years I have had them in service. The predicament of having one look bad (or isn't functioning correctly) is best handled by carrying a spare. Marco will certainly sell you a set, a spare, or 5 to start with.
VanWagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: True High Performance Waterboxer Injectors Reply with quote

Thanks. I will order some injectors and look into the cause of it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: