Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol!
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can you join us?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

October the 25th, 2018! Please save that date on your calendar, we will need a LARGE attendance to make an IMPACT! Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar will be hosting a Rally on the South Lawn of the Texas State Capitol Building October 25th, 2018. We will start setting up at 9:00 AM, Start Time is 10:00 AM, & we will end promptly at 11:00 AM. Rep. Dan Flynn was generous enough to Sponsor the event. Invitations will be sent out to Legislators, as well as the Press.
We are not sure how many vehicles will be able to park along the street adjacent street but will know more later, we have a logistics meeting planned for Tuesday the 18th. If you would like to be one of the vehicles please let me know. If possible it would be nice to have a minimum of 1 representation from each, a Dune Buggy, a Sandrail, and a Kitcar. (Possibly more) If you would like to have your vehicle on display, please let me know. We will make the selection as we know more.
We will also have the Microphone for about an hour, please get in touch if you would like a portion of that time. The speech cannot be political, and your speech will need to be approved before you receive time.
October 25th, 2018 is a Thursday, and we understand that is not a convenient day of any week. But a Rally like this needs to be during the week, and when we feel there are a lot of Legislators in town. Not all of the details have been ironed out as of this moment, but we wanted to get the information out there in order to give people enough time to plan.
We are already working on making this not just a Rally, but also a fun event with cruises and a Get-Together or two. More information will be posted as we iron out the details.
WE HAVE GOT TO HAVE AS MANY PEOPLE AT THIS EVENT AS WE CAN, OR THIS WILL BE A WASTED EFFORT!
To stay in the know, head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy/?ref=bookmarks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

Mike Dario the President of the Manx Club from LA. California & Caleb Goodin a misplaced Texan who lives in Seatle, WASHINGTON have each committed to being here for the Rally with their Dune Buggies. I sure hope that we can get a LARGE Group of Texans to join us. I'm telling you, we have got to show up in big numbers or this all will be a wasted effort!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

if I didn't live in MA I would be there showing support.i hope u guys have a great turnout!!..Massachusetts is a very tough state,i been waiting for something like that here.we cannot even ride side by sides (rzr,s) in the woods here.GOOD LUCK!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

Hey Faron, this is Jeff Holt from Columbia, SC.
I will drive my buggy there for this event and may not even be alone Cool
If you can, save me a spot or 2 on the lawn as well please Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

We have some exciting news about the October 25th, Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, and Kitcar Rally, that will be held on the South Steps of the Texas State Capitol Building in Austin. BRUCE & WINNIE MEYERS will be in attendance, & I have asked if Bruce would take the Mic for a little while. Now you have an even bigger reason to come and join us! A HUGE THANK YOU to the Manx Club for Sponsoring their flights & club Member for Sponsoring their Hotel Room!

Jeff Holt, you my friend are a BAD ASS!
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

BuggyFaron wrote:
We have some exciting news about the October 25th, Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, and Kitcar Rally, that will be held on the South Steps of the Texas State Capitol Building in Austin. BRUCE & WINNIE MEYERS will be in attendance, & I have asked if Bruce would take the Mic for a little while. Now you have an even bigger reason to come and join us! A HUGE THANK YOU to the Manx Club for Sponsoring their flights & club Member for Sponsoring their Hotel Room!

Jeff Holt, you my friend are a BAD ASS!

Hope is with you.....good luck in Texas
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

Most of you know about the Rally on Thursday, October 25th, 2018. We hope to see many of your faces at the Rally. While we understand that life gets in the way, work gets in the way, etc... It is VERY IMPORTANT that as many people as possible attend this Rally. Not only the Hobby that we love in Texas but across the nation in general. As the saying goes... Once Texas goes, so does the nation.

An invitation has been sent to every single Legislator, as well as many members in the media to join us at the Rally. While we have diligently worked to make sure each knows about the issue. The reason for the Rally is to ensure that all who attend understand that there is a large number of us that feel this is an important issue. As it has been stated many times before we have people that are coming in from all over the nation to attend this Rally. At 92 years old Bruce Meyers will be here with his wife Winnie. He is charged up about the issue, and ready to do all he can to help! This is your opportunity to meet Bruce & Winnie in person, as well as enjoy some time with him. John Mickle from Berrien Buggies out of Pennsylvania will also be here to talk as well. Scott Reuter has planned two beautiful drives for after the Rally, so I suggest that you join us for that as well.

Again, it is understood that a trip to Austin is not an easy task for a lot of us. However it is important to do so if you can. As Ron our Lobbyist says "If you don't join us in the fight, you have already lost".

The Rally will be held on the South Lawn of the State Capitol Building.
1100 Congress Ave
Austin, Texas 78701
The Rally starts at 10:00 AM will last a little over an hour.

Thanks for reading,
Faron
505-688-7640 - Cell (Yes, I am local)
[email protected]
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

Please note that I corrected my mistake, the Rally Starts at 10:00 AM.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

I hope it goes well down there! We are all rooting for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

So.... how was the turnout?
Did the politicos seem to take notice?
Think it was effective?
The buggy world was watching!

Paul

(With way more projects than spare time!)
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

Oops....just realized I'm a day early.
I was SURE this was Friday....

Paul

(With way more projects than spare time!)
BuggyFaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

Successful! That is how we all should look at the Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally held on the South Lawn of the Texas State Capitol Building, October 25, 2018. The Rally to help build support for Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar was successful indeed! We had people from all over the country that took time to show support! We are all grateful to each!
It was interesting to see so many people walk by to see what we were doing, & we know that our Rally got a lot of attention. We truly feel that the Rally reached far more people than what we know, important people. The fact that Empower Texans posted an article about our Rally is huge, as that article went out to people that will have an opportunity to vote on our Bill. Empower Texans is a Conservative Watchdog Group that is very close to Gov. Abbott & Lt. Gov. Patrick & many other very Conservative Legislators. The Rally was ANOTHER Huge step towards the Success of Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar!
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Texas Dune Buggy Rally at the Capitol! Reply with quote

A BIG thank you for all your efforts! Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: