Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Here is a March '63 DC (also on TS, although the Chassis # from Craigslist pictures - 1085041?): https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/1963-volkswagen-double-cab/6677078034.html. In the pictures, it has the later vinyl, so there's another example.

Compared to this earlier '63 (mid-November '62) single cab: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2207574, which has the older cloth-style insulation wrap. I would say the stale- to fresh-air switch might be close to, if not accurate.

Hope this helps, Jacek! (and that the Zywiec is still treating you well!)

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
...cloth-style insulation wrap.

Is it made of asbestos?
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

FWIW

Lind wrote:
I used to work as a building inspector. the firm that I worked for had an enviromental monitoring division that did things like asbestos. I took in a sample and had it inspected under the microscope. it is fiberglass. the lady that did the inspection told me that the only place that asbestos has ever been found in an automobile was in the brake shoes. (interestingly enough, that is the only place that asbestos has been outlawed. it is legal to use asbestos elsewhere as long as the proper precautions are taken) I found somewhere in progressive refinements where they said that asbestos was used for insulation in early split window bugs or something. it never shows up in buses except for original brake shoes.
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

The OEM and REPRO covers are made from safty fiberglass fabric !!! Don't worry.

Take a look on new pic to advertise.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Here is a March '63 DC (also on TS, although the Chassis # from Craigslist pictures - 1085041?): https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/1963-volkswagen-double-cab/6677078034.html. In the pictures, it has the later vinyl, so there's another example.

Compared to this earlier '63 (mid-November '62) single cab: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2207574, which has the older cloth-style insulation wrap. I would say the stale- to fresh-air switch might be close to, if not accurate.

Hope this helps, Jacek! (and that the Zywiec is still treating you well!)

Hi Brian,

YES it helps. Thanks a lot. I want to put advertise now and trying to be real with information.

Well it looks like the changes happen not in august as usually but later maybe in the end of '62 or at the beginning of '63.

Żywiec is good Smile))

Cheers,
Jacek
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Advertise READY :

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2211682

Thanks for all your help. Any suggestions are welcome !!!

JCG
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Hi All,

I didn't want to waist the time staying at home and I worked on some deatils Smile this week. Please check it.

This is the logo sign founded on the picture of one of thesamba member. It was located on the long tube cover.

Those logo's are my repro stamp on the outside vinyl fabric. It will be on the each long tube cover in a set.

Cheers,
Jacek
Wolfsburg Classics
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Jacek.

Wow that's really stepping up and taking it to the next level.
Love your attention to detail.
Your work and dedication is helping the hobby.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Wolfsburg Classics wrote:
Jacek.

Wow that's really stepping up and taking it to the next level.
Love your attention to detail.
Your work and dedication is helping the hobby.

Tony,

I'm happy to give people the best quality repro parts with some small tasty details.

I say as a mantra - proudly made from passion Smile

Cheers,
Jacek
Atlantic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Nice product ! I just installed the WolfsburgWest ones and was kinda unhappy with them. One of the main benefit of yours will be that the dusting of the fiber during installation should be less due to the vinyl. For me that would have been a huge advantage. Also the WolfsburgWest ones are a poor fitment and come without the the metal straps.

Well done ! Price is good.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

My crusty 63' Kombi isn't worthy of something so nice underneath of it! I may just have to paint the underside just so I can use this new tube wrap!!
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Hi All,

Some guy in the Winterfest show Told me that the nice product needs nice package Smile So here it is - the nice box for my grey vinyl insulation covers. Take a look.

Cheers
Jacek
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulations Covers Reply with quote

Jack-Fatboy wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:

YES it helps. Thanks a lot. I want to put advertise now and trying to be real with information.

Well it looks like the changes happen not in august as usually but later maybe in the end of '62 or at the beginning of '63.
Really nice level of detail Jacek!

My January 5th ‘63 Double Cab has the plastic covers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: