Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmcknight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

I just put new seat pads from Wolfsburg West on my 66 seats, and they aren’t quite the same shape. Is this kind of variation normal, or did I get a bad piece? I don’t want any issues fitting my expensive West Coast Classics seat covers.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

The shape of the one on the left doesn't look correct.
The coco fiber should be this one.
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113881375E
Call WW and see if they errored when packing your order. Things happen.

Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Yes....absolutely. Have them replace it. Both front seat bottoms should match exactly ....as WW's info says "fits left and right". The seatbacks and bottoms are the same part# for driver and passenger seat, so they should also LOOK and fit exactly the same. This is obviously a 'quality control' issue on WW's part and they should absolutely send you a replacement.
TYBUGGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Good luck with WW refunding or swapping it out. I have a tmi seat cover with a big defect and they are giving me a big run around. Haven’t resolved it yet. But my experience no matter how much you spend in the past or still plan on purchasing they have not been very understanding.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Agreed. Right is right. Left is WTF?? WW is great and should give you no grief on a replacement.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jmcknight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

I contacted them today and a replacement is on the way.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Curious why whenever someone has an issue with new parts they go to the forums first and not who they bought the parts from?

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Probably because they want to make sure they actually have a problem before lodging a complaint.

But when people start bashing builders/suppliers before giving them time to respond to the problem is where I think they start to be in the wrong.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

TYBUGGER wrote:
Good luck with WW refunding or swapping it out.

I purchased a number of sets of 2 piece points. A few months later i opened on of the boxes and there was only 1 piece. I was going to order some additional parts anyway and told the salesperson about the missing part. He tossed a set in the box with the rest of my order. Never asked for a receipt or invoice number.

Maybe it was only a $12 part, maybe since they didn't have to pay for shipping, maybe they didn't hear about it on the internet or maybe they know i'm a good customer and just asked.

I've done thousands of dollars of business with Wolfsburg West and never had a problem with their customer service.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TYBUGGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Well I had the exact opposite response. WW finally got back to me today after days of back and forth phone calls and one very long letter of disappointment in there customer service. I ordered a set of TMI seat covers and weeks later when I went to install them I noticed a large gash in the side panel. They first said they would not warranty them at all. Today they said they would sell me the cover for $125. The entire set front and back cost $265. Not a very satisfactory reply. But at this point either I live with it or spend another $125. I have spent probably $6000 with them in the last few years over several orders, and have many more before I’m done. Can’t believe it I don’t want to shop anywhere else but I fell so betrayed by them after spending so much and never giving them any problems with any previous orders. I was just about to place another $900 order before they told me the news. But that’s on hold. Probably going to order else were. I feel so let down. I don’t want to shop anywhere else I feel they sell the best products.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

While I feel your pain, every box I have received from them has the obligatory warning sheet saying you have 48 hours to report any discrepancies or issues. I always open their shipments, do inventory and inspect the parts as soon as they arrive. Never an issue. Count yourself lucky, I have a worthless set of heads sitting here that were purchased from a Samba vendor that I neglected to inspect for 6 months until I went to use them. Cracked and incorrect CC’s. $350 mistake. Live and learn.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Arggg, that is a bummer.

Honestly I would be worried I sliced it opening the box.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TYBUGGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

Everett I wish I did cut it .i could be mad at myself for a dumb mistake. WW boxes are stapled with large staples and I just pulled the box open myself. I would spend the $125 and just chalk it up to lesson learned.that I could live with. I probably will spend the money and replace it because I don’t think I will be able to live with it. It would make me crazy and I’m trying to do a really good restoration.in the scheme of all the money I’m spending it’s not going to break me. I don’t know why it has bothered me so much. I have read nothing but great reviews from other members how they have been helped out with problems and I’m the exception. I feel like husband that was cheated on but will stayed married because he doesn’t want to throw away a relationship that has been great. But it will never be the same as before. One day when the car is all done I will forget it ever happened
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Wolfsburg West seat pad? Reply with quote

I’ve never had a problem returning anything to Wolfsburg West. Only one issue, really. I bought a VDO fuel sender from them. Not cheap. It didn’t work. They sent a new one. Case closed.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: